Lee and Hitech adapter rings?

DTS

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
As above, are they interchangeable?

Only i have bought myself a foundation kit and the adapter rings are far more expensive than other systems.

to save a few quid im looking at getting this

Just want to know it'll fit the LEE holder

Cheers

Great stuff thanks :)

I've been pondering over a filter kit for a while now because the additional cost for the wide angle adapter ring makes me wince. They cost twice the price of the normal adapters and there's no way they should cost much more to make! I just hate the feeling of being ripped off, especially when it's so obvious!

I know exactly what you mean. The only reason I'm willing to do it is firstly that the lee filters etc are such a higher quality and secondly I can't find adapters any cheaper made in china etc lol

Haha if there were some chinese 100mm adapters then I would definitely be buying some straight away! I think I will eventually suck it up and buy the Hitech kit in the summer, purely because it's the only option!

No the Hitech adapter rings WILL NOT fit a Lee Foundation holder.
I have the Hitech system and a friend has the Lee system and the rings are completely different.

On the adaptor thing and just to defend the Lee pricing a little, they're either all anodised aluminium or have a machined, threaded anodised aluminium insert fitted to a plastic moulding. If they were all plastic i would agree that they're absurdly expensive but as it stands I think they fall more in the band of only 'quite expensive'.

On the adaptor thing and just to defend the Lee pricing a little, they're either all anodised aluminium or have a machined, threaded anodised aluminium insert fitted to a plastic moulding. If they were all plastic i would agree that they're absurdly expensive but as it stands I think they fall more in the band of only 'quite expensive'.
I was more referring to the price difference between the HiTech 'standard' and 'wide' adapters. 2x the cost for the wide version!

I get that too - cant see why there's such a gap between the two. They've got you by the danglies really knowing you've got no choice but to buy LEE

I was more referring to the price difference between the HiTech 'standard' and 'wide' adapters. 2x the cost for the wide version!

I have both the "standard" and "wide" adapters for Hitech and the wide one comes backwards back over the lens mounting thread so there is a lot more manufacturing process involved.
I think the extra pricing is justified looking at them side by side when you look closely at how complicated the wide one is to fabricate.

I have both the "standard" and "wide" adapters for Hitech and the wide one comes backwards back over the lens mounting thread so there is a lot more manufacturing process involved.
I think the extra pricing is justified looking at them side by side when you look closely at how complicated the wide one is to fabricate.

Indeed. Don't know if hitech is the same as Lee but I know the wide Lee's have to be made from one billet of aluminium. The standard ones have a lump of plastic forming the majority of the construction.

Both the Hitech ones are formed from a single chunk of aluminium - no plastic involved.
However I do think the Lee system is better and I will be changing over when I get the chance to:)

Back