Lee filter kit queries

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
After some research, I'm thinking of working my way towards this setup

21mm 2.8 CZ + Lee WA 82mm ring + Lee Filter Holder + Grads? + Lee 105mm CPL with Adaptor

Is this going to be ok, or will I get vignetting?

After some research, I'm thinking of working my way towards this setup

21mm 2.8 CZ + Lee WA 82mm ring + Lee Filter Holder + Grads? + Lee 105mm CPL with Adaptor

Is this going to be ok, or will I get vignetting?

should be fine
I get vignetting on the CPL on my sigma 10-20 from 10-13 only.

Thanks, well I feel better about this setup - since I might like a grad, cpl and ND all at the same time!

Sorry, yes, that's attached the 3 slot holder, taking it down to 2 doesn't make much difference, the rim of the CPL is very chunky!

Yep, I saw a Lee CPL in the flesh for the first time the other day and the rim is very chunky and will definitely vignette with two slots plus the CPL.

Have you considered the Heliopan 105mm or the B+W Kaseman CPL? The Heliopan is the thinnest followed by the Kasemann and I believe the rim is 7 mm and 5mm respectively thinner than the Lee.

The Lee CPL will definitely cause vignetting - go for the extra thin Heliopan CPL and place it in the Lee CPL adapter ring - works fine on my Cano 5D Mk4 & my Zeiss 21mm lens.
Hope this helps
James

Yep I can confirm that the Lee CPL will give you vignetting with there 100mm system and 2 slot holder with adaptor ring, I found that with my 5DIII and a focal length 24-28mm or less it was quite bad, I have since then sold my lee CPL and bought a Heliopan Slim SH-PMC which I causes much less vignetting.

I regularly use a Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 with a Heliopan CPL and get little or no vignetting.

My only warning would be that the Heliopan is so slim it makes removal from either the Filter holder or from the lens itself quite difficult (if you are an Edward Banana hands like me)! After much gnashing of teeth and more than a few expletives, I have found running an HB pencil on the thread and using a thick elastic band makes filter removal far easier!

Andy

I used to use a screw-in polariser onto which I then fitted the Lee adapter ring, and the Lee NDs or grads went on that. This is not a clever thing to do as the polariser will pick out weird patterns in the NDs or grads in certain situations. I couldn't at that point afford the Lee polariser and also couldn't work out what was going on. So always fit your polariser "outboard" of your NDs and grads.

Back