Lee Filter Kit

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Will be buying Lee Big Stopper in the near future, but am a little hung up over the price of the "Foundation Kit" and adaptor ring.. which seem to cost upward of £56 and £20 respectively.

There is an alternative advertised on Amazon, the Zomei Z series filter holder with adaptor ring... £20

The Zomei appears to be identical (with the exception of the brass screw) and reviews I have read of the Lee kit state it is just a cheap bit of plastic too.

Anyone use(d) the Zomei? Any issues, or do I really need to fork out £80 to hold the Lee filters in place?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know about the zomei kit but I use an alternative filter kit, The Filter Dude, which sounds similar and just as cheap, available on fleabay, nothing wrong with it, holds filters well & does the job, only criticism is the Wide angle lens adapter is a bit light and not as well made as the lee, but a lot cheaper.

Now considering the Nisi filter holder - comes with the correct adaptor for my lenses.. and made of auminium (looks better made than the hitech).. and just over £50 on Amazon... just gotta find out if it holder the big stopper securely, well that or dive in and try their own stopper

I have a mixture of Lee holder and Hitech filters. I originally did this due to the cost and fragility of Lee's filters, but having seen the difference between my wife's Big Stopper and my Hitech equivalent, I don't feel I'm missing out. The Lee pricing for the holder and adaptor rings does seem extortionate for what you get.

This article might be worth a read too: http://digital-photography-school.c...-to-formatt-hitech-for-landscape-photography/

I'm up in Scotland and wished I had bought something I ummed and arhhed about which one to get which sounds like what your doing and ended up getting nothing :( in most cases buying the cheaper I usually always wish I'd bought the more expensive one so should have but the bullet and got a Lee kit before coming up here.

Back