Lee Filters in Hand Luggage

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anybody had issues with talking Lee Filters through airport security in hand luggage? Specifically Heathrow and JFK.
I'm concerned that the stoppers, being made of glass, might be a problem.

Thanks.

I had no problems at Manchester and JFK last year.

I've never experienced any problems Brian, anywhere in the world as it happens.(y)

"I'm actually from the USA and return home from the UK six to eight times a year, sometimes into JFK and other times into Dallas or Atlanta without any problems whatsoever"

George.

I had no problems at Manchester and JFK last year.

I've never experienced any problems Brian, anywhere in the world as it happens.(y)

"I'm actually from the USA and return home from the UK six to eight times a year, sometimes into JFK and other times into Dallas or Atlanta without any problems whatsoever"

George.

Thanks both. Good to have some positive experiences.

If you are still concerned, why not consider these. Although, if you've bought recently they come as standard now I believes.

http://www.leefilters.com/index.php/camera-directory/camera-dir-list/category/stopper-case

Rather than being worried the filters will be accidentally broken, I suspect the OP is concerned that security might view them as a potential weapon on board the plane.

You're correct!

I have the tins and plan B was to use those in checked bags but it sounds as though I should be OK.

You're correct!

I have the tins and plan B was to use those in checked bags but it sounds as though I should be OK.
Sorry, I misunderstood your question with this. Check out Petapixel or F-stoppers or similar I remember a story where someone was asked to check them a while a go.

Taken them through every London airport at one time or another and its never been an issue.

Filters will be fine! Just DONT offer to a friend when flying back from Spain to pick up some Taveltine tile samples for him! Spanish airports reported blocks of cocaine in my luggage! Oops!!

Back