Lee Filters Landscape Polariser ...... Reviews?

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon all really I'm just looking for someone to push me over the edge ha

I've had lend of a friends Lee Landscape Polariser and I'm really impressed but it's a hell of a lot of money!

Do Hitech not make one as I've been really impressed by Hitech's 6 and 10 stop filters

I've got hi tech filters with lee holder and lee CPL! I bought it 3 years ago and still am amazed how good it is! Just buy it

Yeah I paid over £200 for mine! Does that include the ring attachment ?

Yeah I paid over £200 for mine! Does that include the ring attachment ?

Yeah that's off a seller on eBay but both new unused so I'm guessing WEX would match it

Dont get the Hitech one even if they do one, just save up and get the LEE its the best you can get just like the filters, they are extremely good quality.

Yes I agree Joe but I have to say in my opinion the Firecrest Hitech ND filters are so much better than the LEE

I got mine when WEX had 15% off filters, so I paid comparatively less, but it is a great polariser and fully recommended. Whether any of the others are as good, I don't know but I know that one is!

I've got the Lee Landscape polariser and it's a great filter no doubt.

It produces a slightly warmer tint to your shots but this is largely irrelevant if you are shooting in RAW as your colour temperature remains fully adjustable.

One big selling point for me was the slim casing. I have mine in the ring holder on front of my Lee double filter holder and even at 16mm on my FF I don't get vignette which is a big improvement on my old set up.

I'm not sure if Hitech have produced a polariser along the lines of their Firecrest filters yet but if they have id seriously look at that as their 16 stop filter is as near to perfection as I have seen and knocks the Lee Big Stopper (which is still amazing) into second place.

Yes, the filter is not cheap but it's one of those that will prove its worth time and time again. If you're in no rush you might drop lucky and get a 15% voucher code at Wex which I did when I purchased mine (y)

I've got the Lee Landscape polariser and it's a great filter no doubt.

It produces a slightly warmer tint to your shots but this is largely irrelevant if you are shooting in RAW as your colour temperature remains fully adjustable.

One big selling point for me was the slim casing. I have mine in the ring holder on front of my Lee double filter holder and even at 16mm on my FF I don't get vignette which is a big improvement on my old set up.

I'm not sure if Hitech have produced a polariser along the lines of their Firecrest filters yet but if they have id seriously look at that as their 16 stop filter is as near to perfection as I have seen and knocks the Lee Big Stopper (which is still amazing) into second place.

Yes, the filter is not cheap but it's one of those that will prove its worth time and time again. If you're in no rush you might drop lucky and get a 15% voucher code at Wex which I did when I purchased mine (y)

I'd love to get the 15% off voucher but I could be waiting for ever

Agreed. Even at full price it's a good purchase. The 15% was a bonus rather than a necessity.

Agreed. Even at full price it's a good purchase. The 15% was a bonus rather than a necessity.

Finally got my wide angled adaptor and foundation kit. Polariser is next on the list. It is eye watering though!!

Finally got my wide angled adaptor and foundation kit. Polariser is next on the list. It is eye watering though!!

Yay!!

As you say it is a chunk of cash - brace yourself!!

You won't not love it

Well I use lee grads but Hitech ND's and I'm really tempted by the new Lee Landscape CPL £195 delivered is the cheapest I've found it so far
You will also need the adapter ring which is another £33 or so ... http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/filters/lee_105mm_polariser_ring/6887_p.html you may need additional screws too, but I found the ones I had were long enough (the screws are cheap though). You can get it for a lot less than £195 here http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/filters/lee_105mm_landscape_polariser/24580_p.html (I think it is £5 for delivery).

Worth every penny imo.

That's where I got mine from! Top shop! I'm banned from taking my wallet in there now by my wife! I worked in Alton which is up the road and any cash I had went in there!

Another vote for the Lee CPL... My only gripe is that it's quite thick compared to some.

My missus nearly got a lynch-mob together when I told her how much it cost! :D

You will also need the adapter ring which is another £33 or so ... http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/filters/lee_105mm_polariser_ring/6887_p.html you may need additional screws too, but I found the ones I had were long enough (the screws are cheap though). You can get it for a lot less than £195 here http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/filters/lee_105mm_landscape_polariser/24580_p.html (I think it is £5 for delivery).

Worth every penny imo.

Thanks Paul the £195 price I quoted was for the filter and adaptor ring [emoji3]

Right then people I've only just realised when I was away I don't think my Landscape CPL can shoot at 16mm on my D750

I use a Nikon 16-35 f4 and I've only got 2 filter slots and the adaptor ring fitted to the holder and also a slim adaptor ring on the lens

Does anyone one else use this combination??

Thanks

Ben from memory the quoted min focal length is 17mm but that means is before a risk of vignetting. I'm guessing by "slim adapter ring on the lens" you mean the uwa adapter ring, if so you have done all you can to minimise any vignette.

Any vignetting you do get will be minimal @ 16mm. Really I wouldn't worry over it.

I use that exact combination, and any vignetting at 16mm hasn't been anything I couldn't sort out in LR if required.

Ben from memory the quoted min focal length is 17mm but that means is before a risk of vignetting. I'm guessing by "slim adapter ring on the lens" you mean the uwa adapter ring, if so you have done all you can to minimise any vignette.

Any vignetting you do get will be minimal @ 16mm. Really I wouldn't worry over it.

That's right yes the UWA!

The issue is though I get it at anything less than 20mm

So it should work at 17mm with 2 slots fitted??

What's the difference between rhe Lee circular polariser at £214 on Wex and the Lee 105 landscape polariser at £165 or thereabouts?

Back