Lee Filters System & Polariser

Edit My Images
Yes
Good morning all,

I've just bought a selection of 100mm & 100mm x 150mm Lee filters which obviously work in conjunction with the foundation kit.

However, if I want to use a polarising filter too, what's the best way to go about this.

I can see they offer a 105mm one that screws in to the adaptor ring (I think), but i'm really looking for advice from those that use the system and also use a polariser with it, before I go spending more money

TIA al

Your assumption about the adapter ring is correct.....fixes to the front to faciliate a 105mm polariser. You're not limited to Lee's own polariser....I use a B&W but Heliopan are also popular.
It's worth considering possible vignetting when extending filters forward and I have a second holder with just one slot and the polariser ring to keep things slimmer.

Bob

Last edited:
Thanks for that George.

So basically I would need to ensure that my existing polarised has a thread on the front and then I could screw my wide angle Lee adapter ring on to that?

Assuming that is right, I'd also not get any vignetting?

I'm Bob not George (although it is my middle name).....
The polariser fits on the front of the Lee holder (hence the adapter ring)...forward of the other filter/filters so that you can turn it as required.

Sorry Bob, as I was typing, I saw a guy called George had got hoodwinked!

So, i've found a few videos and can see how the ring attaches - can you tell me if you can just leave it on the front permanently?

Sorry Bob, as I was typing, I saw a guy called George had got hoodwinked!

So, i've found a few videos and can see how the ring attaches - can you tell me if you can just leave it on the front permanently?

Yes, the polariser ring stays on permanently.

Yes, the polariser ring stays on permanently.

Thanks very much Phil - do you use one yourself? Just wondering how it is for you with the drop-in filters in front of it and generally if it's easy to use

It's easy to use at the front and my advice is to set the polariser before dropping in the ND behind it.

Bob

Thanks Bob, i'd best get my wallet out again then :)

Back