Lee Filters with Wide Lenses

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Hoping to hear from someone who uses or has used Lee filters on the Canon EF 17-40mm. Do I really need to go for the 150mm set up, or will I get away with the 100mm for use on the 17-40?

Post deleted cos I've no idea what I'm on about

Last edited:
I don't use Canon but you will be fine with the 100mm system, just make sure to get the UWA adapter (costs about £35 :( )

Take a look here http://www.leefilters.com/index.php/camera/system-match this is the system match, just selectr brand and minimum focal length, then the lens.

Mark above is wrong btw, I've regularly used the 100mm filters on 18mm on fx without vignetting and it will be fine to 16mm too (again on fx) as long as the UWA adapter is used. The below was shot @18mm with a grad and an nd ...
Hartland_Quay_D810-0543 by Paul, on Flickr

Last edited:
Focal length is not the ultimate defining factor in how wide you can go with a particular filter kit - the position of the entrance pupil, and how far the filter holder sits in front of it, plays a part. This varies slightly with different lenses of the same focal length and moves around a bit with zooms, which explains why some people might get some vignetting at a certain focal length setting, while others do not.

Back