Lee Filters

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone had any problems with their filters? I seem to have a brown tinge when I use my HD grads. I will put a picture up later.

Last edited:
Fakes like mine, Real Lee filters don't have colour casts, or at least so I'm told.

Thanks for the reply, is there a way to tell if fakes Alan? I got all mine together on this forum and all packed in the Lee filter pouches. Otherwise might call Lee themselves.

Why not try using the filter and shooting a close up with flash? If the colours are right when the WB is known then you can eliminate a filter colour cast and look at a WB issue.

Bob

Do your filters have anything printed on them to identify that they are Lee filters. Mine are printed in a lime green colour in the top left and top right of the filter in small print. On the right side it has 08/12 (maybe a date mark) and on the right hand side, Lee .9ND G h. To identify the grad. I have both soft and hard sets and they are perfectly neutral when stacked. I have the 100mm x150mm sets.

I've been using them a while now, so very odd. Will call LEE and see what they say. Again thanks all.

I had a Lee ND grad years ago (in the film days) which gave a warm/brownish result with the Zeiss lenses I was then using.

Lee replaced it FoC but the second was just the same. I changed to Galen Rowell ND grads from the US which were perfect.

I've recently started using the same Lee filter again (digital now) and it seems perfectly neutral.

I can't explain it . One of life's great mysteries.

I imagine Lee would be helpful if you contacted them, though.

I bought some 2nd hand Lee Soft ND grads recently and the graduation appears to have faded in some places. I got them very cheap, due to the faults, but they are still usable. Mine appear to be genuine, they have a date stamp of 06. They don't add a colour cast to the images as far as I've noticed.

Strangely its my 0.9 hard grad that seems to be the one with a tinge, although it has a date stamp and looks like all my other ones.

Back