where the Hell has the runway gone LOL
348147206_83Yzv-L.jpg

134913126_wtkHJ-L.jpg

316890505_qjDgS-L.jpg
356307586_s2ZdA-L.jpg

569049694_ZG4tH-L.jpg

cheers
Chris

No 2 stands out for me. That one has character. I'd not read your comment, but thats exactly what I thought

thats a great set! They are all super sharp :D

1 and 2 stand out for me. I would love to get a shot of a plane landing in a crosswind like 2, and 1 has a great backdrop. I wish i could get a background that shows how low the plane is from Newcastle Airport! but no, its all fields!

where were these shots taken from? might go down with my mate some time :D

number 2 is worthy of a 'You're doing it wrong!' type caption. Love the pic!

I wish i could get a background that shows how low the plane is from Newcastle Airport! but no, its all fields!

where were these shots taken from? might go down with my mate some time :D

Thanks for the comments guys... Newcastle is pretty good for Aircraft photography, I have been up there a couple of times and Love the head on shots that are possible looking straight down the runway, plus Newcastle gets twice as many passengers than Leeds

But Leeds does have some good spots for shooting at different angle's - but its a case of going when the traffic shows up (Times) or you get loooong periods stood twiddling your thumbs

Cheers Chris

Not a critical word to say here. A nice bunch. The second one reminds me of the infamous Hong Kong Kai Tak landings.

Great shots!
I've had a few wonky landings there. The worst one being a very windy and icy winter's night and we were told the flight before ours went off the end of the runway.
Sitting on the aircraft while it slewed side to side and seeing the emergency crews waiting for the worst as you hurtled by wasn't nice.
I once told the cabin crew I hated landing there because of the infamous cross winds. She replied, "the pilots hate it too" :)

Fantastic shots, there's something fascinating about watching planes take off and land and you've cpatured the action really well!

Out of interest, what lens and body are you using? Also what shutter speed, etc - not sure if it's possible to find this out from the post?

all good , but #2 :eek: , i know it is hilly around leeds but that is ridiculous :LOL:

Don't you just love wind sheer? Not of course when you are on the aircraft. Has anyone else here had a landing where you can see the runway ahead of you as the wheels are touching the ground?

Great shots, really like no 2, the plane landing in crosswind, pilots must have nerves of steel, great stuff.

Don't you just love wind sheer? Not of course when you are on the aircraft. Has anyone else here had a landing where you can see the runway ahead of you as the wheels are touching the ground?

I'm not an expert but i don't think that is wind shear......

p.s, great shots, nice colour and very sharp

Back