Leeds Castle (Kent)

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
Bit of a dingy day at "Leeds Castle" Kent so I did a bit of PP work converting the shot to mono and adding some noise/grain to try and give it an old Tri-X film effect.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/200th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Leeds Castle (Kent)-60208M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y)

George.

That's a nice looking castle George. Not keen on the grain but that's just personal choice.

Many thanks David, much appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

Agree with what's been said - nice photo and although I don't mind the use of a grainy film filter sometimes, this may be slightly OTT.

Agree with what's been said - nice photo and although I don't mind the use of a grainy film filter sometimes, this may be slightly OTT.

Thanks John, appreciate you stoppin' by.(y)

George.

This looks a bit oversharpened to me, it could be in the upload.

Thanks Toby, appreciate your input.(y)

"Its certainly not over sharpened as there was hardly any sharpening used, more likely to be the upload or the gritty effect I was attempting to get"

George.

That's a nice looking castle George. Not keen on the grain but that's just personal choice.
:agree:

try using a black to white conversion programme like silver efex pro...tri X is there waiting along with loads of other film conversion clicks

:agree:

try using a black to white conversion programme like silver efex pro...tri X is there waiting along with loads of other film conversion clicks

Thanks Geoff, apprciate your comments.(y)

"I do actually have that software, but just not had the time to play around and use it yet"

George.

Thanks Geoff, apprciate your comments.(y)

"I do actually have that software, but just not had the time to play around and use it yet"

George.

well its your lucky day...worth getting to grips with it...you dont have to use the presets...the filters and sliders give pretty good results

Back