Leeds - Clarence Dock at night

Name
Kaz
Edit My Images
Yes
Me and another TP member Adam Malcolm went into town last night and did some night long exposure photography, my first attempt at such but I'm pleased with the results. Here are some of my favourites. A few more on my flickr page.

River Aire at night by Kazuto Shiomitsu 汐満一登, on Flickr

Clarence Dock Footbridge 1 by Kazuto Shiomitsu 汐満一登, on Flickr

3. (Alternative view, can't decide which I prefer!)

Clarence Dock Footbridge 2 by Kazuto Shiomitsu 汐満一登, on Flickr

4.Probably not the best photo but it was my first attempt at "black card method". 20 second exposure, top half covered up for 15 seconds. No grad filter applied in PP!

Leeds Royal Armouries at night by Kazuto Shiomitsu 汐満一登, on Flickr

5. Nicked Adam's 85mm for this shot of Clarence House

Clarence House, Leeds by Kazuto Shiomitsu 汐満一登, on Flickr

Clarence Dock - Leeds by Kazuto Shiomitsu 汐満一登, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hello,
Nice photos (y), I like number #5 the lighting and abstract reflections in the water work great together. Would imagine it would look great printed out big :)

Jack

Hi,
The Leeds Armouries is the shot for me-like composition and the conversion-well done.

Keith

Hi, there are some really interesting photographic opportunities down by there...(y)

I had a quick look at my photographs and I noted that I had almost all the ones you've photographed.

There are some really cracking reflections down there, great colours and architecture.

#4 for me. B&W works a treat.

Cheers.

Nice set- I know that area No5 is the money shot for me- :clap:

Les (y)

Really like No 5, the long reflections in the calm water are wonderful

I really Like number 5, Can anyone direct me into how to achieve that kind of shot? Is there much processing done to it ??

I Like the futuristic feel it has!

cheers

Thanks everyone :)

rioja, there's no special trick and there's minimal processing done on it. It's just good old camera on a steady tripod technique (y)

This place is 10 mins from my house, I MUST get down there!

Great set.

Rob.

6 is my fave tho I like em all, can I ask what the black card did to no. 4?

I love number 3!
I think the colours are great, and the reflection is great on the water

Also, picture 4, you mentioned 20 secs? and covering the top half for 15 secs?
Could you explain this as I've never heard of this technique and can't understand what it is you've done, how you've done it, and what result you expect? (why you do it?)

Back