Leeds Protests

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Leeds today was the scene of the biggest Police presence I have ever seen, with opposing protest groups holding rallys in Leeds on the same day

having never been to such a gathering I really did not know what to expect at all

The Police must of been pleased that it went off without any major troubles with only a small handful of arrests

the EDL group did lot like the photographers at all and were really abusive with threats etc about where they would 'ram' the camera if we did not stop taking pics

anyway I moved away from some of the hardcore trouble makers as I cant afford the cleaning bill if they had shoved it where they said they would LOL

anyway enough twaddle and some images
Chris
698665000_3D5YQ-L.jpg

698667239_JzTuE-L.jpg

698663183_vepAP-L.jpg

698664334_vuRL2-L.jpg

698659870_L66Mf-L.jpg

698660470_PFfXA-L.jpg

Great pics, especially 1 and 3 - great reportage shots. Very striking.

What were the protests about?...

It's good to see that you got in and about it to get some of those shots. Worth taking the risk sometimes. I find it to be the most exciting part of this area of photography, second only to getting the shots.

Really captured the atmosphere ,especially #2 and 3 great shots.

Excellent set Chris-captured the 'moment' very wel.

Which lens?

Excellent set Chris-captured the 'moment' very wel.

Which lens?

Hii Les
a mixture of Canon 24-70F2.8 and my 70-200mmIS F2.8
funnily enough I would of been at Whitby today but the weather as you know is total rubbish with driving rain so will have to put Whitby on hold

you would of had a field day here Les with all the opposing groups - but as I said some of the EDL people were really aggresive towards the Photogs
so a bit of discretion was needed...
Chris

Great shots.... i considered going but dont have my camera to hand so didn't in the end.

Fanatstic Captures, really well done, i like these a lot

Kirk

big thumbs up from me. these are fantastic and you can really feel the atmosphere in some of them.

What nice friendly people Chris.:)

I presume tea and biscuits were served for the togs.:)

Back