Leeds weekend, the aftermath

Edit My Images
Yes
A couple more of the fest itself. All over by Bank holiday Monday and the fields are a real mess, just glad I wasn't camping in the middle of this lot. The grasshopper landed on my airbed as I was packing up on Monday, stayed there for ages too.

229350841_d3f8ee08f0_o.jpg

229350932_3cb209196c_o.jpg

229350765_a992de880a_o.jpg

229350543_f2a50d69af_o.jpg

229350478_0e48e1d207_o.jpg

229350418_6a2cb9be01_o.jpg

That grasshopper steals the show mate (y) Best one of the lot IMO :)

Nice pics...so you had a good time?

That tent fire looks dangerous, is it a common thing?

why are there always ****s at leeds fest who think its acceptable to set fire to theres and other peoples tents at the end of the weekend, like really WHAT IS THE POINT. i think they should arrest them and ban them from the festival for life because every year we hear stories about how leeds might be stopped because of damage to the site and equipment and because of fires etc, just remove the ****s.

i went a few years ago (the year after the bogs had been torched) and we ended up camping next to some people who thought it was a good idea to burn their mates tent on the sunday night, and then throw a gas canister into it....while he was in it.... my friend was so scared she wanted to go home luckily i hadnt been drinking all day so we packed our tents up and drove home at 1am, much better than being burnt alive in your tent while you sleep.

****ers the lot of them, ****ing ban them from the festival, make it more enjoyable for everyone else

:eek: I didnt know it's a deliberate thing! I thought it was just an accidental fire.

This year was the first since the riots 3 or 4 years ago that we were allowed camp fires, providing that the flame was no higher than your knees and not more than one step wide. There was supposed to be a complete ban on fires in the arena with those caught lighting or adding to them immediatly ejected from the site and banned. There must have been dozens of fires in the arena on the Sunday night and nobody took any notice.
The campsites are always pretty wild on the last night, my friends little brother was right in the middle and said it was horrendous, he was awake all night. Gas canisters are the norm as are fireworks and I think because it gets so messed up people can't be bothered to take their gear home and somebody will find it fun to burn it. That said it was a lot quieter than previous years though.

I remember bieng a roady at the carling fest a few years ago, the fans set fire to the chemical toilets on the last night, mmmm nice, I was so tired and refusing chemical assistance that I fell asleep under the main stage whilst the bands were on!!!

Back