Left-handed sports' photographers

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
I haven't posted a daft question for a while, so here goes. I take lots of photos of runners and shift the focus point around quite a bit. Can't see how I'd cope if the shutter button and multi-selector was on the left.

Not specific to your comment, but I personally think that being left handed you have to develop better motor skills and be able to use both hands a lot better than someone naturally right handed.

i don't think it really matters left or right handed you just adapt to the circumstances

i am naturally right handed but lost most of it in an industrial accident back in 1982, i basically have a right thumb left but it doesn't stop me pressing the shutter button with it :)

where focus shifting etc is concerned i have to pre determine what i want in focus and adjust accordingly before lining up the shot.
there's quite a few buttons on the 1dx 2 i don't use because i can't reach them but non of it frustrates me or stops me enjoying my hobby

i don't think it really matters left or right handed you just adapt to the circumstances

i am naturally right handed but lost most of it in an industrial accident back in 1982, i basically have a right thumb left but it doesn't stop me pressing the shutter button with it :)

where focus shifting etc is concerned i have to pre determine what i want in focus and adjust accordingly before lining up the shot.
there's quite a few buttons on the 1dx 2 i don't use because i can't reach them but non of it frustrates me or stops me enjoying my hobby

I'm with you on the amount of buttons on a 1dx 2. I have small hands and for the good majority of times can't reach them without taking my eye off the ball.
Plus I don't know what half of them do anyway.

All that said, I guess from the perspective of the original post, it's not much different from a left footed/handed person driving a manual car.

Being left handed means my left hand is stronger for hand help shots then my right side. Tbh it was nothing to learn how to use the buttons on the right side.

Back