Legal age for Glamour shoots

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
As the title says, what is the legal age for Glamour pictures, I'm not talking about topless or nude, but lingerie and things like that. Just normal poses, nothing over sexy.
I never shoot under 18 but get loads of enquiries from 16 and 17 yr olds. I am not looking to change my policy of shooting over 18's only but just got my me thinking.
So my question is, how old do you have to be for lingerie, swimwear, etc.
David

the somewhat unclear law says you're not allowed to take indecent photos of an under 18. How you choose to read indecent is up to you how and much of a risk you wish to take with this.

16 years olds have been in the daily sport topless so i guess to be safe 16 would be ok personally i woudnt untill there 18 but it is more your choice

one thing if i did do a 16 or 17 year old is actually get the parents permission to do this as there still classed as a child till there 18 to be safe i would do that and also do a model release but a dedicated version for parents to sign etc

I believe the law states England 18 or over for Nude pictures.
Scotland (my homeland) and this disgusts me is seemingly 16 or over for Nude Pictures (parental consent may be required though).

For clothed glamour pictures i dont think there is a lower age, its all down to your ethics and morals i guess.

16 - glamour - i.e. undies and bra etc. with parental consent and chaperone present.
17 - topless/nude with parental consent and chaperone present.
18 - do what you like...

Scotland (my homeland) and this disgusts me is seemingly 16 or over for Nude Pictures (parental consent may be required though).

Well, considering one can get married, consent to sex and all sorts of other things at the age of 16 I'd say that 16 for nude pictures sounds about right, but at the end of the day it's up to the person who is being photographed. The age of sixteen makes one a legal adult in the UK doesn't it, or is it 18?

16 - glamour - i.e. undies and bra etc. with parental consent and chaperone present.
17 - topless/nude with parental consent and chaperone present.
18 - do what you like...

Indeed... Although I suspect many of us (myself included) wouldn't shoot anyone under the 18 because of all of the additional headaches it raises.

IF anyone were to do this, I would advise having one of their parents present at the shoot, and also your own chaperone as well... Just to be on the safe side!

As the title says, what is the legal age for Glamour pictures, I'm not talking about topless or nude, but lingerie and things like that. Just normal poses, nothing over sexy.
I never shoot under 18 but get loads of enquiries from 16 and 17 yr olds. I am not looking to change my policy of shooting over 18's only but just got my me thinking.
David

the legal point is indecent shots under the age of 18 are not allowed. the problem is what indecent to me is not the same as indecent to my mum lol

there is nothing to stop you taking pictures of 16-17 year olds but just do it in a decent manar. Personally Id not do anything other than fashion/portrait work with anyone under 18. They should just wait

used to be not any more have to be 18

I believe the law states England 18 or over for Nude pictures.

For clothed glamour pictures i dont think there is a lower age, its all down to your ethics and morals i guess.

The age of sixteen makes one a legal adult in the UK doesn't it, or is it 18?
Section 45(1) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 changed the definition of a child from 16 to 18.

So I think our government may well have sent children off to fight in their illegal war....

Age is always going to be a problem in the UK until a government get their act together and has a complete rethink/clean up of laws.

sexual activity with a child if your over 18 and they are under 18
yet a 16 it's legal to marry and have children with a person of any age.

There are just to many anomaly's in the child/adult area around the age of 16 to 18, somebody should just tear up all the old laws and then decide when a person becomes an adult and just have ONE age.

Personally I'd set an age, but do like I think they have in France a age gap allowance, something like 5 years ( you could have sex at 16 with a 21 year old but not a 40 year old) and keep that until 18 or so.

As for the taking of photos I don't think there is any age limit so long as they are not of a sexual nature (you baby in the bath is fine) but would think the rules are more for publishing images. I'd go with POAH and wait until they are over 18 just to be safe and avoid any hassle , unless they are paying you a fortune (enough to get real legal advice)

Section 45(1) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 changed the definition of a child from 16 to 18.

So I think our government may well have sent children off to fight in their illegal war....

Nope - you have to be 18 to go on an Op Tour in the British Army...
and it's not just us either...

Was sat in a briefing with the US Marines in Nowzad back in November prior to a big operation there and the Battalion Master Gunnery Sergeant came in and at the end of his spiel declared that due to various State Governors lobbying Congress, Marines under 21 would be held back in base areas until they were either old enough (if their 21st Birthday fell within the current 9 month Tour) or could be returned to the US.
The faces of those guys who were only 19 or 20 was priceless...for about five seconds: "Nahhh!! I'm s***tin' you guys! - Git out there an' kill somethin'! OOH-AH!!"

hohoho Master-Guns, you're a riot (there nearly was one...lol).

David, i would be very careful if i were you. There are too many 16 year olds wanting this and if you want sound advice, tell them to come back when they are 18.And then get proof of age and model release form.Just not worth the risk mate in this day and age no matter how much of a gentleman you might be.All the best.

Nope - you have to be 18 to go on an Op Tour in the British Army...
and it's not just us either...

Was sat in a briefing with the US Marines in Nowzad back in November prior to a big operation there and the Battalion Master Gunnery Sergeant came in and at the end of his spiel declared that due to various State Governors lobbying Congress, Marines under 21 would be held back in base areas until they were either old enough (if their 21st Birthday fell within the current 9 month Tour) or could be returned to the US.
The faces of those guys who were only 19 or 20 was priceless...for about five seconds: "Nahhh!! I'm s***tin' you guys! - Git out there an' kill somethin'! OOH-AH!!"

hohoho Master-Guns, you're a riot (there nearly was one...lol).

I joined near the end of the Korean war.. Those over 17 and a half mostly Joined regiments there. I was just under that, and reinforced a regiment then in Hong Kong that had been virtually wiped out in Korea... It was re built in Kong Kong and returned to England nine months later. I do not know when the front line age was raised to 18.

David, i would be very careful if i were you. There are too many 16 year olds wanting this and if you want sound advice, tell them to come back when they are 18.And then get proof of age and model release form.Just not worth the risk mate in this day and age no matter how much of a gentleman you might be.All the best.

Yes I agree its not worth the hassle, I always make girls fetch ID with date of birth on and I now take pics of the ID, I also get them to sign a model release form which they have to add there DOB on and then sign to say its their age.
Thanks again for the replies.
David

This is of some concern to photographers.

The legal age for glamour shots all over the UK is 16, however I myself have a min age of 18 and always ask for proof for release form.

Jordan did shots on her 16th birthday. and there are others that have had glamour shots made for them while 16. linsey dawn mackenzie was 16 for topless and nude and 17 for hardcore.

Not recomended but still legal. Unless you want parts of your body cut of by there big brother or dad.

However you could be in seriouse trouble if you post your pictures on non UK sites.

David

Well if you look in a catalog you will find all ages for swim were and underwear it all about what and how....

We will not entertain anyone under the age of 18 for this type of shoot in our studio. Irrespective of the law our policy is in place to protect us and if we suspect a model is under 18 we will always ask for her Birth Certificate. We well of course, shoot under 18s for portrait work or party groups but we insist they bring an adult witht hem.

David

old post

This is of some concern to photographers.

The legal age for glamour shots all over the UK is 16, however I myself have a min age of 18 and always ask for proof for release form.

Jordan did shots on her 16th birthday. and there are others that have had glamour shots made for them while 16. linsey dawn mackenzie was 16 for topless and nude and 17 for hardcore.

Not recomended but still legal.

That's not correct. The law has changed since those models were the ages you list (see SOA 2003).

AFAIU, the current legal position is that you cannot take an indecent photograph of someone under 18 - with nothing laid down in statute as to what is or isn't indecent. It could be something as simple as a change of pose that makes sufficient difference to make a photo of a 16 / 17 year old indecent.

While it might well be possible to turn out a photograph of a topless 16 / 17 year old that isn't indecent, I don't think many photographers will be wanting to take the risk.

While it might well be possible to turn out a photograph of a topless 16 / 17 year old that isn't indecent, I don't think many photographers will be wanting to take the risk.

It's also just as possible to take indecent images of a fully clothed 16 or 17 year old. The simple act of being nude does not necessarily make an image indecent.

But, I'm of the same mind as many others here. Regardless of what the law says, if they're under 18, I won't do it. :)

Back