Legal help sought....

Right read the initial post and the replies so far ,imho the e/mail/s were most definetly not written by a child .more likely the parent of one of them ,hence the completly load of b*****ks threat .as they wanted the original then through there toys out of the pram when you rightfully objected then I think got mummy or daddy who thinks there a barrack room lawyer involved .
If you have taken down the image or not ( I wouldn't ) I would send them a reply that if you find your images being used on the internet anywhere you will follow up with legal action over copyright theft .
That threat can be followed up I use pixsy.com for mine and have had some substantial payouts this year for image theft

I was hired to shoot a junior ballet once, and after I'd processed the images I was given Admin rights on their group page to post up all the images. Some of the parents kicked up that the images were posted (on the ballet group's own page) without their consent. I removed all the images, removed myself from the page and sent an email to the group saying they could have the images on read-only disc for €20 a pop - I sold 15 copies :D If they hadn't moaned they would have gotten them for free.

I would personally remove the images in this case too, and respond that they could have the full res images for double whatever you were originally charging. If they don't like that, just delete them.

Back