Legs, legs everywhere

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally managed to get a couple of hours in the garden today and here are a couple of the many legged friends I managed to get, the centipede's were hard to get because they just scurry off as soon as they are uncovered.

A Brown Centipede
2382771357_51ecdf55c6_o.jpg

Another Brown Centipede
2382771343_b9eab0751b_o.jpg

A Black Millipede all curled up and cossey
2382711443_245a8c1d38_o.jpg

And another Black Millipede making a run for it, but they are knowhere near as fast as the centipedes
2382742827_bbc50bd7d2_o.jpg

And a spotted millipede, no I didn't have it on a lead :)
2382824293_3f79d3d6fa_o.jpg

Great centipede Scraggs, these long critter don't make it easy do they? Apart from being to damn long for the sensor :LOL: Excellent detail on these too (y)

I'm really loving all this extreme macro work from you both.

What setup are you using scrags?

Do you also work Handheld with flash for extra light?

I think my biggest issue last time I tried was lack of available light, but now I have a speedlight, hopefully things may be better.

Great shots, something for me to aspire too.

Thanks for sharing!

Great centipede Scraggs, these long critter don't make it easy do they? Apart from being to damn long for the sensor :LOL: Excellent detail on these too (y)
Thanks Alby

I'm really loving all this extreme macro work from you both.

What setup are you using scrags?

Do you also work Handheld with flash for extra light?

I think my biggest issue last time I tried was lack of available light, but now I have a speedlight, hopefully things may be better.

Great shots, something for me to aspire too.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the comment
These were done with a 40D with a MPE-65 and MT-24 flash which i'm still trying to get diffused nicely, I only ever do my insect macro shots handheld if i'm lucky i'll be able to rest my hand on something to try to keep things steady, I haven't yet been able to use the MPE without a flash.

Yep they do move pretty damned quick :D
You did well to capture them
Nice colouration as well (y)

Just great(y)

Back