Leica CL users Q

Name
Ed
Edit My Images
No
Any Leica CL users here ?
How is the camera to use compared to other small cameras like the Fuji / Ricoh ?
Worth the money ?

I've no idea but if you're interested in one I read on a rumor site that there's a mk2 coming...

So if you are interested it may be worth waiting to see what the new one offers over the first one and how much it is.

That site above says it's a "major upgrade."

Personally if going for mirrorless APS-C I'd go Sony A6xxx and live with the handling foibles (they don't have two top of the camera dials, just the one and a spinning back wheel.)

I have a CL, and plenty of experience with other small mirrorless cameras including the X100 series, RX1, OMD-Em1 and EM5, and the current Leica Q I also have.

The CL really is lovely. It’s very well made, with typical Leica simplicity of controls and ergonomics.

The dedicated lenses are very high quality, though expensive. I have a 18-56 and 55-135, and previously had the 18mm and 23mm. I haven’t used the wide zoom. The 18 and 23 got sold as I use my Q for that stuff (fast wide-ish angle). I use the 18-56 and 55-135 to make a very compact landscape photography setup. I also have a couple of Leica M lenses that I use with an adapter.

Image quality is cracking. But there are no fast zooms. There are three new Sigma f/1,4 lenses for the CL which look good and are cheap as chips by comparison to the Leica ones.

You might want to take a look at these articles:

The CL isn’t perfect (eg mandatory long exposure noise reduction). You might find a a Fuji XT4 more technically competent with more functions and features and video capabilities, but I don’t need most of that stuff.

There is a new CL2 coming. Should get some good deals on the original CL as a result.

You could take a look here for 2nd hand too https://usedlens.co.uk/ (this excellent website written by fellow forum dude @dancook).

Last edited:
Back