Leica II and a walk around Liverpool

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
I picked my Leica II from Newton and Ellis in Liverpool today and had an hour before my train so ran a quick roll of Agfa Vista 200 through it as a test. A lovely camera to use but I think maybe the lens is past its best, it is 80 years old so its bound to be I suppose.

Anyway here's a few, any thoughts, critique or comments much appreciated.

Eleven Fifteen

Eleven-Fifteen by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Prince Albert (snigger)

Prince-Albert by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Queen Vic

Queen-Vic by andysnapper1, on Flickr

I shall run a roll of b&w through it this week for comparison. There are a few more in the F&C section in the 'show us your film shots' thread.

Cheers
Andy

Very nice set of shots all the better for them being shot on a your Re energised Leica!

The Vista and octogenarian lens combination works for me!

Thanks Adrian.

Andy

Thanks Russell, yeh its actually ok for a quid.

Andy

Nice shots and I have to say the camera/lens combination looks good to me. Great colours lovely subjects, I take it no auto exposure as for me it's a 1/3 -2/3 on the bright side but don't you love that the high lights don't blow with colour film.

Thumbs up from me

Richie

Thanks Richie. You are correct, no auto anything in fact. I have a roll of Acros in there at the moment which will hopefully give me a better idea of the lens condition. These were shot on £land Agfa Vista and its not the best quality film on the market....

Cheers

Andy

I like the first one, maybe a bit more building and less sky? Also liking the colours of the Vista film.

What did you use to scan them?

Bought a 'few' cameras from Newton & Ellis myself, they're great to deal with (hope that doesn't sound like a free ad!!)

Hi Paul, thanks for the comments. They were scanned on an Epson V500. Newton Ellis is definitely a 'proper' shop. The guys in their really kow their stuff and they are really friendly and helpful.

Andy

Andysnap said:
Hi Paul, thanks for the comments. They were scanned on an Epson V500. Newton Ellis is definitely a 'proper' shop. The guys in their really kow their stuff and they are really friendly and helpful.

Andy

Good to hear about Newton and Ellis. I'm taking my electro 35 in today to see if they can clean the viewfinder for me.

Back