Leica? Not at this price

Wear should be honestly obtained through years (if not decades) of use rather than being applied in a factory.
Why?
They sell jeans that are ripped, they sell watches that are made to look old whats wrong with taking a camera like Leica with all the modern bits inside and then make them look retro/old or whatever you want to call it.........they even made a M9 with the ISO wheel on the back without an LCD and sold a bunch............make things that folk want I say not what certain folk for whatever reason don't like............Remember Leica are the same as Levis, they are in the business of selling goods and making money every which way they can.
Your statement is like "I don't like beer so they should stop making beer"
On another note where did the OP see the Leni Kravits camera as I might see what that would cost to have it shipped to KL :)

You know what i love most about this?
"...plus business card holder" :LOL: that's the deal breaker for me!!!

seriously though, for me, if you've got the money and want one fair enough! i know i've read/heard they're great cameras, but at that price???? i'd love to know what the actual manufacturing cost is!

Last edited:
They sell jeans that are ripped, they sell watches that are made to look old whats wrong with taking a camera like Leica with all the modern bits inside and then make them look retro/old or whatever you want to call it.........they even made a M9 with the ISO wheel on the back without an LCD and sold a bunch............make things that folk want I say not what certain folk for whatever reason don't like............Remember Leica are the same as Levis, they are in the business of selling goods and making money every which way they can.

That'd be because technology and fashion are rarely ever a happy couple.

I need to paint the "brassing" on my M8 then ........ should improve my shots .......... the red spot fell off and I replaced it with a black one and that really made a difference

the description says it has a screen (it's main selling point is no screen so you can concentrate on photography instead of chimping) so HC must have posted the wrong description i guess

Really? - no screen protector, sod that then - order cancelled

Why?
Your statement is like "I don't like beer so they should stop making beer"
On another note where did the OP see the Leni Kravits camera as I might see what that would cost to have it shipped to KL :)

Not to me, they don't! I have got some ripped jeans etc. but the rips were earned not slashed in at a factory. I have dinged watches too - again, dinged by me not as an extra in a factory. As it happens, I don't like beer but unless it came with crap in it, I wouldn't suggest that it shouldn't be sold! (FWIW, some people reckon that real ale should have crap in it - they're wrong! Well kept ale is clear and well poured barley wine is likewise!)

Back