Leigh-on-Sea in April

Name
Ross
Edit My Images
No
Hi there,

Took my new Sigma 70-300 APO lens connected to my Pentax K-R to Leigh-on-Sea today for a test. Please let me know what you think...

Leigh on Sea Bridge

Leigh-on-Sea-Bridge.jpg

Single yellow boat

Leigh-on-Sea1-1.jpg

Blue Boat

Leigh-on-Sea6.jpg

Man and Boat

Leigh-on-Sea3.jpg

More boats

Leigh-on-Sea4.jpg

April Showers

Leigh-on-Sea7.jpg

No 2, yellow boat could have worked much better if not in the centre, just seems to be taking up too much space. Not really keen on the others to be honest.

Philip - thanks. It's a busy photo but I liked the way the gully leads the eye. Lots to notice!.

Uberfude - thanks for your feedback even if they aren't for you. Could you be more specific? That would help me. The reason for the yellow boat being slightly off centre as opposed to way \ third of centre is that it was surrounded by mud flats which meant a large ratio of the picture being the same, I considered it may have had too much empty space.

Thanks

Ross

A very nice set Ross. It's tough to make grounded boats look attractive, but you've done just that.

Loving the rain falling on the woman in the Peter Boat !!! Classic (y)

1st one i like, but thinking if you got down lower to cut out the buildings in the background would have worked better. But i like the composition you was aiming for.

2nd too central for me, but nice bright subject

3rd is nice, think this would work better in mono, but maybe thats just me as i love a good old mono down in Old Leigh ;)

4th doesnt really do anything for me :(

5th i like. Youve captured the classic 'S' as a lead in but just a shame you have clipped off the side of the boat on the left and mainly the yellow cockle boat on the right. Liking the way all 3 cockle boats step into the frame.

Thanks for sharing Ross (y)

I like number 1 Ross, simple but engaging, a good choice for B+W.

Back