Leith, Edinburgh

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

Here's some recent pics taken around the Shore area of Leith. First posting of pics here, comments and criticism very welcome!

Leith by Ben & Eva, on Flickr

And this last one isn't Leith, but I thought this angle was a bit unusual for the monument.

Carlton Hill by Ben & Eva, on Flickr

These were all taken with an NX100 with either the 20-50mm kit lens (a nice sharp kit lens) or the 30mm (excellent lens).

Last edited:
really nice set and great first post - pleasing composition and nice reflections.

The second to last shot is my fav (numbering the shots would allow them to be identified a bit easier ;)) Although it would be better for me if the boats stood out just a bit more as they are getting lost in the background a bit. Maybe adding a bit more colour or clarity or something just to the boats?

For your first post well done...:)

really nice set and great first post - pleasing composition and nice reflections.

The second to last shot is my fav (numbering the shots would allow them to be identified a bit easier ;)) Although it would be better for me if the boats stood out just a bit more as they are getting lost in the background a bit. Maybe adding a bit more colour or clarity or something just to the boats?
Hi Trevr, thanks for the comments (numbers added now). I agree photo 2 does need something to lift the boats. I've shot from that location twice and this is the better of the two attempts, but maybe a different composition is what's needed.

I like these a lot, the light has brought out the colour nicely and given them (the 1st three) a real feeling of 'quality' and 'texture' - the 4th is also well composed and the moon sets it off nicely :)

I like these a lot, the light has brought out the colour nicely and given them (the 1st three) a real feeling of 'quality' and 'texture' - the 4th is also well composed and the moon sets it off nicely :)
Hi Gramps, thanks for the kind comments. I'm happiest with number 1 the most. Number 4 really needs some better light I think.

Nice reflections there mate, Been meaning to head over there for a while anF never got round to it!

Back