Leith Street at Night

I have looked at this for a while and after my initial reaction that the light trails are a bit busy it has really grown on me! Very nice composition as well. The sepia like tones and the exposure work well too. Very nice shot in my view?

I have looked at this for a while and after my initial reaction that the light trails are a bit busy it has really grown on me! Very nice composition as well. The sepia like tones and the exposure work well too. Very nice shot in my view?

I agree - I've come back to the thread three times to come to this conclusion :)

cheers for the comments. I actually merged 3 pics together to try and get more light trails in.

maybe cut it down next time

and gramps i love your stuff in bristol

ive tried to straighten it already but discovered my monitor is now sitting off by about a degree ...... ..... oops

thanks for all the comments. beginning to think i would never take a good photo

Yep you got my vote too. great photo.

" beginning to think I would never take a good photo "

I think like this all the time too :)

Gaz

nice job, but for me, if you crop the top third it makes a difference. There dark band at the top almost separates the image into two shots, and for me, that ghostly bus is the focal point and is just great. So maybe this??

Hope you don't mind me editing the shot...

ghostbus.jpg

I prefer the first one with the hotel in- I know there's a lot of black space in the top but I think the aspect ratio is nicer than the second.

Back