Lencarta - appalling service

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

I have a shoot at an opening of a Leisure centre on Sunday morning 10am- a rush job as the previously booked Photographer called it off.....

Team photos' - staff head shots usual stuff - The manger called me and requested I bring a long my studio lights and pale grey background- simple enough job

I do not have a suitable case or bag to transport my 2 x Lencarta Smartflash 3's as they are set up in my studio- so, I contacted Lencarta for a solution- I was told by a staff member I would benefit from purchasing
a Lencarta medium roller bag ideal for my purpose at a cost of £53.49, delivered next day ( ie TODAY). So on this advice I duly paid the amount, purchased the item and awaited delivery of my bag.

On checking my account last night ( Halifax) I see the ;payment has been made. I then checked for a delivery status on Lencarta-only to see the order has completed but NOT dispatched as its out of stock I presume!!!

Lencarta have ignored the e mails I sent yesterday and today it would have been nice to have been informed on ordering that it's OUT of STOCK

Order subsequently cancelled this morning

I'll shop elsewhere in future :punch:

rant over :)

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a shoot at an opening of a Leisure centre on Sunday morning 10am- a rush job as the previously booked Photographer called it off.....

Team photos' - staff head shots usual stuff - The manger called me and requested I bring a long my studio lights and pale grey background- simple enough job

I do not have a suitable case or bag to transport my 2 x Lencarta Smartflash 3's as they are set up in my studio- so, I contacted Lencarta for a solution- I was told by a staff member I would benefit from purchasing
a Lencarta medium roller bag ideal for my purpose at a cost of £53.49, delivered next day ( ie TODAY). So on this advice I duly paid the amount, purchased the item and awaited delivery of my bag.

On checking my account last night ( Halifax) I see the ;payment has been made. I then checked for a delivery status on Lencarta-only to see the order has completed but NOT dispatched as its out of stock I presume!!!

Lencarta have ignored the e mails I sent yesterday and today it would have been nice to have been informed on ordering that it's OUT of STOCK

Order subsequently cancelled this morning

I'll shop elsewhere in future :punch:

rant over :)

Les
Hi Les,

Did you call them?

I have bought a few thing and never had any issues.

Yes when I placed the order on Thursday morning was told by a Lencarta employee, the item was in stock and I could order it through their website and it would be delivered Friday - it was needed for a shoot I have tomorrow

I called them late Friday and was told not in stock till late next week- So the order was cancelled at my request

Bought a compatible roller bag on Amazon prime yesterday at 4pm - it arrived here this morning at 10am

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't understand why anyone who needed a quick answer would rely on email and not phone straight away? Most small businesses don't have dedicated staff reading your emails instead depend on checking the computer in between dealing with other stuff. So not great service for sure since you bought on advice but appalling service? no.

I can't understand why anyone who needed a quick answer would rely on email and not phone straight away? Most small businesses don't have dedicated staff reading your emails instead depend on checking the computer in between dealing with other stuff. So not great service for sure since you bought on advice but appalling service? no.

when I placed the order on Thursday morning was told by a Lencarta employee, the item was in stock and I could order it through their website and it would be delivered Friday

Seems Les did that.

Missed that, my apologies.

Yes when I placed the order on Thursday morning was told by a Lencarta employee, the item was in stock and I could order it through their website and it would be delivered Friday...
Were you told it was in stock *before* you ordered? If so then I can see how the item might have legitimately have been in stock when you enquired but out of stock when your order came in.

We've had some experience of that at LensesForHire. Our systems manage and are aware of stock levels, and in theory customers can't order things that aren't in stock. But twice in five years (in about 35,000 orders) we've had situations when an item has been in stock when a customer started the ordering process and put it in the shopping basket, but was out if stock by the time he'd completed the order and paid for it. (The reason is that it's not practical for the item to be removed from stock when it's put in the basket, only when it's actually paid for. So we had one item available and two customers were simultaneously trying to order it.)

Or it can happen for more innocuous reasons, such as when you actually do have an item in stock but it turns out to be damaged.

But if something like this happens - and you can tell that I have some sympathy for the supplier if it does - then at the very least the supplier should be proactively contacting the customer, explaining the problem, apologising, and trying to help sort it out for the customer.

Last edited:
Were you told it was in stock *before* you ordered? If so then I can see how the item might have legitimately have been in stock when you enquired but out of stock when your order came in.

We've had some experience of that at LensesForHire. Our systems manage and are aware of stock levels, and in theory customers can't order things that aren't in stock. But twice in five years (in about 35,000 orders) we've had situations when an item has been in stock when a customer started the ordering process and put it in the shopping basket, but was out if stock by the time he'd completed the order and paid for it. (The reason is that it's not practical for the item to be removed from stock when it's put in the basket, only when it's actually paid for. So we had one item available and two customers were simultaneously trying to order it.)

Or it can happen for more innocuous reasons, such as when you actually do have an item in stock but it turns out to be damaged.

But if something like this happens - and you can tell that I have some sympathy for the supplier if it does - then at the very least the supplier should be proactively contacting the customer, explaining the problem, apologising, and trying to help sort it out for the customer.

Thank your for your response Stewart.

I opened the Lencarta website clicked on the item I wanted to order- It showed as being in stock -I telephone Lencarta as I had the order form open on my PC, wanting to place a telephone order which I presumed would be easier!

The employee said yes we have those in stock, so pressed enter and placed my order- I received confirmation of said order with a minute or so - clearly stating I would receive my item the following day.

Usually on their website It clearly states Item out of stock- on this occasion it did not.

As said, I went elsewhere and received the item next day- so alls well in my world now :)

Back