Lencarta Redline

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone any experience?

I have a PixaPro octa but the quality isn't great. I am looking for a replacement and came across the Redline

https://www.lencarta.com/95cm-profold-folding-octa-softbox

I've used (and love) the quality of Elinchrom stuff but the Redline does look good and wondered what the quality is like compared with Elinchrom stuff.

So opinions welcome.

The Lencarta profold modifiers are great value for the price, I have a selection of the profold modifiers, and find no issues using them. Can you buy better? Certainly if you pay over twice the price and choose carefully, however Lencarta's after sales service and the fact it's easy to get someone from the company on the phone who actually knows about the products and is keen to ensure that their customers are happy with what they have bought is worthy of consideration. I don't have that exact modifier but I do own a few Redline profold softboxes and profold beauty dishes and they are robust, and functional as one would expect. Just a case of familiarising yourself with the easiest way to put them up and pack them down which for many or their items there are videos on their site.

Elinchrom or Profoto are going to be a little tidier if one scrutinises the fine details. I use some of mine outdoors with AD600 where they are subjected to the rigors of outdoor work. Never felt that any of my Lencarta modifiers had any glaring weak spots in terms of build and handling.

If something does break I'm very confident that a call to the manufacturer would resolve the issue, because the reality of life is that things can fail or break and I can say from personal experience that I've had a small issue with a Lencarta item, not a modifier and it was dealt with very quickly.
I personally need that confidence and can think of very few other companies I have dealt with that have matched the level of service.

I like Elinchrom's softboxes a lot, super lightweight but the Chinese easy up softboxes are easier/faster to pop into place as it's just one action (I'm assuming you had one of those with the Pixapro). If you need grids Elinchrom's are definitely a problem as half the time your only option is a lighttools one which'll cost more than the softbox.

In your shoes I'd buy the Lencarta as you aren't going to get better for less and even spending a lot more would only give small improvements, personally I just waited for a used Bowens Octa to pop up on eBay, lovely softboxes but stupid expensive new.

Back