Lencarta Safari 600 Ringflash

Name
Edward Bray
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone any experience of the Lencarta Safari 600 ringflash and the Safari 600 Pro Powerpack?

I am thinking of getting a large pro-ringflash and this outfit seems to be the most cost effective way of getting one, unless you know differently?

Sort of a vested interest here because I'm their photographer and product tester...

I've been using it for the last 6 months and had their earlier model before that. It does everything it says on the tin and gives about 1150 flashes to a charge.

If you want to ask any specific questions feel free to give me a ring (PM me for my number). I can also send you the instructions if this would help. I would suggest that you popped in to my studio and tried it for yourself but I live in God's own county and you're in Devon:LOL:

Thanks Garry.

I am thinking of using a ringflash as a fill-in or to give added punch for weddings predominantly. I feel that it might offer something different and may make the formals 'pop' a bit without creating harsh shadows, if I use my Metz or the 580EXII I it would cast shadows of one of the group onto another.

Is the front surface flat and could I use ND filters on it if I wanted to use it for macro too (could then sell my Canon MR14ex to help fund the purchase)?

If i am going to get one I really need to do it relatively soon as I would like to fully road test it for a few months before my first wedding this year.

I still have my Metz 45CT3 with which I am fully conversant and will use where required, just think that the ringflash would give me more options.

Thanks for the offer, I will Pm you later (y)

It's perfect for fill and for creating a darker background too, enough power to overpower the sun if you need it.

The front has a slight convex but you can easily fit a ND gel to it - I have, for indoor fashion where I want to use a largish aperture. I don't do macro myself so can't comment on that, except that you would definately need ND for that!

I'm going out, be back at my computer about 1 p.m.

Well timed thread, was just looking into the exact same thing.

This may interest you - some guy reviewed a pro ringflash vs. the 'Ray Flash' (which attaches to over your on camera flash)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9wW6HmpeHaU

Flickr discussion here

There is a newer, better product now called the Orbis ring flash.

I'll most likely be going for the Lencarta version, which is annoying since the other lighting equipment on my list is Elinchrom :)

Well timed thread, was just looking into the exact same thing.

This may interest you - some guy reviewed a pro ringflash vs. the 'Ray Flash' (which attaches to over your on camera flash)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9wW6HmpeHaU

Flickr discussion here

There is a newer, better product now called the Orbis ring flash.

I'll most likely be going for the Lencarta version, which is annoying since the other lighting equipment on my list is Elinchrom :)

These attachments are good in theory even though they don't have enough power. But in practice, the build quality needed for wedding photography is much higher than they seem to think it is

I've got a Rayflash adaptor and while it's OK for an occasional "fashion type" shot I would not dream of using it for a wedding.

These attachments are good in theory even though they don't have enough power. But in practice, the build quality needed for wedding photography is much higher than they seem to think it is

Just reading about these ring lights etc. They are talking about 100 LED`s per ring light. Maplins sell these LED`s at about 1.60 each,which works out at 160 notes. Are they kidding. :LOL: Having made a few self powered flash outfits myself for about 12 pounds but the snag here is one cannot get the required parts.

Back