Lencarta SmartFlash 2 Flash Head /Godox DE300

LC1

Edit My Images
Yes
Can you tell me if the Godox DE300 is exactly the same as a Lencarta SmartFlash 2 Flash Head as my brand new Godox blew my house fuse circuit when i plugged a sync lead in .It didn't blow the onboard fuse or the fuse in the plug.Is this a common problem on these???
thanks in advance

scarily, you are just about to learn about the issues of buying:

1. Cheap,
2. getting warranty repairs done quickly..

& in answer to your question:

no

Thanks for the reply, the images on Lencarta website and the of good for the model stated are exactly the same , are you saying that both brands are as bad as each other??
thanks

This is where I'm trying to get to the bottom of the two brands,i have two Lencartas now which are great .But the Godox de300 and the lencarta smart flash 2 200w are the same casing /buttons/dials etc but Lencarta has its badge on it, so when you say cheap don't buy it , it looks like its the same .Just half the price which is what tempted me.

Last edited:
The Lencarta SmartFlash is assembled for us by Godox, but is made to our own specs. The case and control panel are identical, because the tooling costs are extremely high, which is why we use theirs.
I haven't looked at their specs, but I know that they are very different to our own.
Good luck with the warranty, if they offered one - if the seller isn't HK based you might be lucky.

Reactions: LC1
Hello Gary,
Thanks for the reply, the supplier is UK based along with China so they are sorting it out.Have you ever heard of a problem with your units blowing when putting a sync lead in?
thanks

spec for good below

Godox DE Series is a cost-effective compact flash strobe for photographers or beginners. Bowens - style mount adds various studio flash accessories. Very convenient to use an optional FT-16 remote trigger to control the flash. Good for e-commerce product shooting, headshots, and lifestyle photography. In large studio shooting, it can work as high light, background light or hair light.

FEATURES:

- Quickly installs various light modifiers such as softbox

- (Optional) Support Wireless power control and flash triggering system (Godox FT-16 Wireless Trigger)

- High qualified 75w modeling lamp adjustable in brightness

- 1.2s recycle time at full power & 1/2000s flash duration

- Power adjust from 5.0-7.0 (1/16-1/1) with stable color temp.

SPECIFICATION:

- Model: DE300

- Max Power: 300WS

- Guide No. (m ISO 100): 58

- Color Temperature: 5600K +/- 200K

- Operating Voltage: AC220 - 240V/50Hz

- Power Output Control: OFF, 5.0-7.0 (1/16 - 1/1)

- Modeling Lamp: Stemless adjustable 150w

- Recycle Time: 0.3 - 1.5 s

- Triggering Mode: Sync cord, Optic slave triggering, Test button, Wireless control port

- Flash Duration 1/2000s - 1/800s

- Fuse 8A

Package Included:

1 x Godox DE-300 Studio Flash

1 x Standard Reflector

1 x Power Cord

1 x Lamp Cover

1 x 150w Modeling Lamp

Scary that the sync lead caused the issue, wonder if it fired the flash and that was the primary cause of the trip, that would do my head in, in that it could cause damage to the camera, just depends on how well it's all isolated internally.

Well, according to your copy/paste above, everything is absolutely identical except for
1. The power output
2. The guide number
3.The colour temperature
4. The power output control
5. The modelling lamp
6. The flash duration
7. The fuse
8. The recycling time
9 The range of adjustment (ours is 5 stops, yours is 4)

But, little facts like that will never stop some people saying that Lencarta is just re-branded Godox :(

They will sell to literally anyone, regardless of the level or quality offered or not offered, and they also compete with these other Ebay sellers by selling them themselves under a diffferent name. If you tell me the name of the seller I may (or may not) be able to tell you who you need to contact - it can all be very secretive, but I do know some of those secrets.

Last edited:
Hi,
It was senyuanbusiness on eBay based in Manchester.Sorry i was meant to just post the picture as the body of its the same the good is a 300w not a 200.Thank you Gary for you advice

Last edited:
Hi,
It was senyuanbusiness on eBay based in Manchester.Sorry i was meant to just post the picture as the body of its the same the good is a 300w not a 200.Thank Gary for you advice
Sorry, don't know them, but unless there is a bit of Hong Kong called Manchester (which I must have missed last time I was there) then they aren't based in Manchester. They may however have someone there fulfilling their orders, and if so they may sort out your problem, especially if you haven't already left ebay feedback. But, if they are fulfilling orders from Manchester then I don't know how they're doing it at the price which, even given the fact that it's a much cheaper build, isn't high enough to pay import duty and VAT, let alone make a profit.

Yes you are correct they are manufactured in Hong Kong and defiantly no Manchester in Hong Kong !!The return address is a UK based address in Manchester so it is a reseller fulfilling the orders.Sorry if i gave the impression they were made in this country god forbid i just said the bay seller was in Manchester .I shall send back for a refund and keep on using my two currant and still working Lencartas.
Thanks Gary for the help

For clarity, they are made in Shenzen (China), not Hong Kong, Shenzen is however just across the water from Hong Kong and most of the ebay sellers are based there, or at least are registered there, where there are different taxation and banking laws.

Scary that the sync lead caused the issue, wonder if it fired the flash and that was the primary cause of the trip, that would do my head in, in that it could cause damage to the camera, just depends on how well it's all isolated internally.

This is the thing with the cheap Chinese stuff, when it works it's wonderful, a nice set of features and incredibly cost effective but the quality assurance just isn't there. I assume that's because their budgets are so tight they have to cut corners and thorough testing is a slow and tedious process even on a small scale.

I've got a few Godox DE300's myself and they all work just fine so it's probably not a design flaw and simply down to the QA.

A long time ago I used to work in schematic capture and PCB design, knowing the process from start to finish may explain some of the problem, I'd say the issues could be much deeper, I.e component spec, system design, component quality and so on, thing with electronics is the design can vary hugely depending on who sketches out the system from the start, there can be many ways of achieving the same result, the designer could ignore individual component specs and push them beyond their specification, problem there would be inevitable failure, it may be a bleak post but I feel this could be the case with many of these cheaper electronic items from China. I think in many cases the designer/engineer knows what the flaws are but as you say R&D and QC are bypassed and these things make it to market regardless.

I maybe completely wrong haha

Last edited:
A long time ago I used to work in scematic capture and PCB design, knowing the process from start to finish may explain some of the problem, I'd say the issues could be much deeper, I.e component spec, system design, component quality and so on, thing with electronics is the design can vary hugely depending on who scetches out the system from the start, there can be many ways of achieving the same result, the designer could ignor individual component specs and push them beyond there specification, problem there would be inevitable failure, it may be a bleak post but I feel this could be the case with many of these cheaper electronic items from China. I think in many cases the designer/engineer knows what the flaws are but as you say R&D and QC are bypassed and these things make it to market regardless.

I maybe completely wrong haha

& in a almost totally unrelated subject that is why I love the film 'Disclosure' starring Michael Douglas & Demi Moore.....
Its those little bits that make all the difference & most people are totally unaware that the reason the tiny part with the extra 'A' in the part number costs twice as much because it works !!!! lol

brand new Godox blew my house fuse circuit when i plugged a sync lead in .It didn't blow the onboard fuse or the fuse in the plug
I've seen this happen when the modelling light blows in flash heads. Basically circuit breakers are far more sophisticated than a basic fuse. As a consequence the house circuit breaker reacts far quicker to a current surge situation than the fuse in the flash and he plug.
Check the modelling light bulb to see if that's what caused your issue.

Back