Lencarta trigger not working

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I did a shoot the other day and have the Lencarta receiver lead connected to the sync port on my Elite Pro 300 and the trigger on my D700 but it is failing to fire. My workaround on that day was to use an SB800 to actuate the flash and adjust the power requirement in the normal fashion. Are triggers known to fail, is there a battery replacement could it be the receiver? I tried firing my Smartflash 2's but they also did not respond to the trigger. Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

19484-1516443208-93882684ef784075e1e629a645b9578d.jpg

That model is pretty bombproof but is quite old now, so the battery in the transmitter probably does need replacing, as Mike says.

Turn the transmitter upside down and you'll see a tiny posi screw. Undo it to gain access to the battery.

Thank you both, I will explore this over the weekend.

Update: Wasn't working with new battery at first but looking at the channel selector on the underside of the trigger it had moved from the "ON" position so all is well now.

Last edited:
Update: New battery in the trigger and the flash is till not receiving the signal, the tiny LED light in the trigger actuates but no flash! :(
1. Are the dipswitch settings identical on both trigger and receiver?
2. Do you have at least one metre distance between them?

1. Are the dipswitch settings identical on both trigger and receiver?
2. Do you have at least one metre distance between them?

They are now Gary, the original battery was dead and the new one was the solution, the channel selector had moved somehow in my bag. That said, the battery doesn't sit nicely in it's slot and I had to open the unit to re-seat it, I can see it being something I must keep an eye on.

Back