Lencarta Users Thread

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
No
I thought I'll create a thread about Lencarta gear, for people to post questions.

I have one, do I have to unscrew the bulb when I finish shooting and want to take the lights down for storage?

I thought I'll create a thread about Lencarta gear, for people to post questions.

Excellent idea :clap:

I find the lack of instructions for the UltraPro 300 disappointing. Although there's a pdf on the website, it would be nice to get something in the box. The pdf is also very short and doesn't help me, as a someone new to studio flash, get to grips with it. This is an area which could really be improved imo.

Darren

Last edited:
The protection cap will accommodate the modelling lamp without a problem. As long as the flash heads are not knocked about you should be fine with the modelling lamps on.

I have those plastic protective caps fitted and all the gear is back in the boxes, neat and tidy.

Thanks (y)

Excellent idea :clap:

I find the lack of instructions for the UltraPro 300 disappointing. Although there's a pdf on the website, it would be nice to get something in the box. The pdf is also very short and doesn't help me, as a someone new to studio flash, get to grips with it. This is an area which could really be improved imo.

Darren

That's maybe something for Lencarta to think about. I received quite a lot of Lencarta stuff today and not a single thing came with instructions. To be fair though, most of stuff is very simple to get the head around and I manged without a problem, though it would be nice to have something black and white on paper :)

I tried to contact Lencarta via the 'contact us' form on the Lencarta website, but after I clicked 'send' it just showed a sign about invalid something. I don't think it went through.

May I ask for Lencarta customer service email address please?

The UltraPro instructions will be improved upon, there are some shortcuts that need to be explained and people also need to know that the UltraPro Commander automatically remembers the last settings used for each flash head - but using the heads is pretty intuitive and the priority was to get some simple, basic instructions out there for when the UltraPro flash heads became available on Thursday last week.

I believe that the plan is to get printed instructions in each box, but downloadable pdfs can be kept right up to date with any changes, and are also useful for people who want to know more before deciding whether to buy.

May I ask for Lencarta customer service email address please?
support (at) lencarta dot com

Any idea when the Elitepro twinhead kits will be back in stock? Funds are available and these are top of the list. Cheeky question but do TP members get a discount at all ;-) ?

Any idea when the Elitepro twinhead kits will be back in stock? Funds are available and these are top of the list. Cheeky question but do TP members get a discount at all ;-) ?
We should never have run out of stock, but orders have been flooding in and took us by surprise. We've been promised that they will be ready before the end of the month, it's then just a matter of getting some airfreighted in, which won't take long.

Sorry, there are no discounts for TP members - at our prices we can't afford it.

No worries for the discount Garry :) was hoping to get to focus for the 5% offer but couldn't do it. The gear will be for the local camera club might be able to spend a bit more for the ultra pro twin head kit

Are both the elite 300 and 600 out of stock?

What's the stock situation for ultrapros?

The UltraPro is £30 dearer than the ElitePro, like for like (i.e. 300vs.300, 600vs.600). So for a twin head kit you are looking at just £60 more inc VAT. We have good stock positions of ElitePro 600, UltraPro 300 and 600. It's just the ElitePro 300 being temporarily out of stock due to an unexpected surge in demand.

Last edited:
Just want to say we bought a set of UltraPro :)
The guys at the club are very impressed with the quality and performance of the lights.
Only gripe was the lack of instructions (As if anyone would ever read them!)
If any are available to download I could print them off for the guys who who still cant figure them out!

More Lencarta stuff will be ordered when the funds allow it!

Well, the instructions are on the website for download, it's that green button that says "please click here to download the instructions" :)
I have to admit though that the instructions were done in a bit of a rush, one of the jobs on my list is to revisit them, put in more detail and add the usual useful advice like "if sticking your fingers inside the unit to guess how many thousands of volts there are, please don't lick your fingers first"

Well, the instructions are on the website for download, it's that green button that says "please click here to download the instructions" :)
I have to admit though that the instructions were done in a bit of a rush, one of the jobs on my list is to revisit them, put in more detail and add the usual useful advice like "if sticking your fingers inside the unit to guess how many thousands of volts there are, please don't lick your fingers first"

Serves me right for not going to the bottom of the page!(y)
Thanks Garry

Sussed out why I didnt see them, I looked at the kit page not the "head only" page

Last edited:
I thought licking your fingers first gave a better reading of voltage and colour temperature on your skin? At least i know now

I will be part of this thread very soon. Have placed an order, just have to wait for it to come now!

What is used to trigger the Ultrapro 600 and can other external triggering devices be used if needed e.g. pocket wizards

Any radio trigger will trigger the UltraPro, provided that it has the near-standard 3.5mm jack plug.

Controlling its functions remotely though requires the UltraPro Commander

Garry, isn't there a new version of the Ultrapro Commander due out sometime? I seem to remember a new function was going to be built into it...:thinking:

Darren

Garry, isn't there a new version of the Ultrapro Commander due out sometime? I seem to remember a new function was going to be built into it...:thinking:

Darren
Yes, but it requires complete re-tooling, so is taking longer than I had hoped.

Back