Lencarta Wavesync help

• Thread starter Deleted member 41401
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 41401

Hi guys, I bought a Lencarta Wavesync trigger for my Lencarta Elite Pro 2 studio flashes. I got it as I need a second one for a group photographer studio shoot at the weekend. Anyhow, it was delivered today and I just tested it out and it doesn't work! It has exactly the same settings as my original trigger, which works just fine, as normal, but the new one won't trigger or communicate with the flash head. Channel 1 switch is on and 2,3,4 are off (on both units).

See picture below. New one on the hotshoe.lencarta.jpg

Any ideas please?

You have the 4 small channel switches set different that is why the new one will not work.
The unit attached to the camera hotshoe: 1 is off and 2,3,4 are on.
The 2nd trigger's channel switches are set to: 1 is on and 2,3,4 are off.

Your eyes are better than mine, but it’s the obvious answer.
If this isn’t the case, try firing the flash without it being attached to the camera. At least this way you will know if it’s the camera side or flash side.

You have the 4 small channel switches set different that is why the new one will not work.
The unit attached to the camera hotshoe: 1 is off and 2,3,4 are on.
The 2nd trigger's channel switches are set to: 1 is on and 2,3,4 are off.

No, it's just the lighting, both are actually on for switch 1.

Cheers (y)

Your eyes are better than mine, but it’s the obvious answer.
If this isn’t the case, try firing the flash without it being attached to the camera. At least this way you will know if it’s the camera side or flash side.

The original trigger will fire the flash off of camera, but the new one won't. :)

One is 2.4 GHz the other is 433MHz.
The new ones are annotated with the 2.4GHz, the older 433MHz one isn't
Your flash needs the older 433MHz trigger

WTF? That's a b*llocks! I took it from the website blurb that it would work with any Lencarta Flash as well as Godox ones.
That's probably it Phil. Cheers mate. :)
I can't believe that. There's no point in me binning a perfectly good transmitter and 2 receivers to buy more 2.4 GHz type ones. I only hope that they will accept a return or that'll be £25 down the drain. :cautious: Crap as I have a session at the weekend and needed the second one. o_O

Thanks again Phil. (y)

Can you set the Elite Pro to slave, and fire using an On camera flash set to low.
I have a couple odf spare 433 Mhz triggers, but unless you are in East Sussex they are no good for the weekend

Can you set the Elite Pro to slave, and fire using an On camera flash set to low.
I have a couple odf spare 433 Mhz triggers, but unless you are in East Sussex they are no good for the weekend

Hi Paul, thanks for that. I'm in Northern Ireland actually, but appreciate your offer. I'll try that tomorrow and see if it works. Does that mean that I would need to keep changing to/from slave mode whenever I want to use the trigger or a flashgun?

I will just have to get by for the weekend either by using my one working trigger or/and the flashgun method you propose. I'd say that it will prob be nigh on impossible to buy the Lencarta old trigger now as it's no longer for sale on the Lencarta website …. even though the little receiver is.

I'll check ebay.

Really appreciate everyone commenting. Thanks. (y)

Hi Paul, thanks for that. I'm in Northern Ireland actually, but appreciate your offer. I'll try that tomorrow and see if it works. Does that mean that I would need to keep changing to/from slave mode whenever I want to use the trigger or a flashgun?

I will just have to get by for the weekend either by using my one working trigger or/and the flashgun method you propose. I'd say that it will prob be nigh on impossible to buy the Lencarta old trigger now as it's no longer for sale on the Lencarta website …. even though the little receiver is.

I'll check ebay.

This godox ft16 is 433mhz
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/293158790620

I'll check ebay.

Hi Robert
Yes I think you will have to change from slave mode to use the trigger. One option might be for everybody to use a flash to trigger the Elite Pro, you can then use your one working trigger off the camera to change any settings on the light.

I would be quite happy to come to an arrangement for the couple of 433 triggers I have - plus several receivers if you like. I have upgraded to the 2.4 system

Paul

Hi Robert
Yes I think you will have to change from slave mode to use the trigger. One option might be for everybody to use a flash to trigger the Elite Pro, you can then use your one working trigger off the camera to change any settings on the light.

I would be quite happy to come to an arrangement for the couple of 433 triggers I have - plus several receivers if you like. I have upgraded to the 2.4 system

Paul

Cheers Paul, I'll get over the weekend session with the 4 other photographers and see how we fare. I only have the 2 flashes and the receivers are fine so Dont need any more of those.

Appreciate your input.

Thank you.

Back