Lencarta website or lencarta ebay

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been looking at getting a studio flash kit from Lencarta to try portrait work- a photography itch that needs scratched . Was looking at the following kit thinking it is a good place to start

https://www.lencarta.com/smartflash-3-twin-softbox-flash-kit-600w

Thought I'd have a look at fleabay to see if there was anything similar and noted this apparently from Lencarta Direct.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lencarta-...461576&hash=item4d64994186:g:ZnkAAOSwdjNZEu~f

It appears to me to be exactly the same kit for £70 less apparently from the same supplier.

Anyone used the ebay site from them or am I missing something as it just seems a bit to good to be true.

Looks the same, that’s odd really, as that’s quite a difference. Very good kit, I’ve got some here.

Struggling to see the difference, @Garry Edwards might have an insight.

Whichever; it looks a great deal.
Sorry, no idea, looks like a mistake to me, so I see no downside to buying the cheaper offer before they find out about it:)

Sorry, no idea, looks like a mistake to me, so I see no downside to buying the cheaper offer before they find out about it:)
Which could be very soon now [emoji3]

They haven't found out about it yet :D:D so I've just bought a set from Ebay too - many thanks for the heads-up @Jim_Tod

I've been pondering (read as 'dithering' ) for a while on which lights to get - got it down to the Lencartas (due to the support they have on here and also Garry's helpful posts) or Godox DE300's - so this swung it for me and made me pull my finger out.

Last edited:
Which could be very soon now [emoji3]
Well, when I was working with them I had access to the ebay etc backend and worked weekends.

My guess though is that someone there will/should be watching this forum, as it quite often has threads about Lencarta, so I guess that they will take action fairly soon, because I'm sure that they will be making a loss at the Ebay price, even before paying ebay and paypal fees

I paid full price for mine direct from Lencarta- :confused: shame they seem to be advertising the same kit for a lot less than I paid

Les

I paid full price for mine direct from Lencarta- :confused: shame they seem to be advertising the same kit for a lot less than I paid

Les
Well, it won't cost you anything to tell them what happened and see whether they'll give you something back - possibly a partial refund or a free gift....

Or ruin it for others who may benefit from the saving?

I have already paid the full price for my kit- I guess I should have checked the Bay first lol

I just assumed, I'd get a better deal going to the Lencarta web site- I won't be complaining- you pay your money and take your chance so to speak

Les :)

Or ruin it for others who may benefit from the saving?
But that isn't how business works, is it?
Business works by supplying customers with good quality products at fair prices, and making a small profit in the process, which allows them to give good customer service and expand the business.

My guess is that this is a simple, if silly mistake. That's an educated guess because I know how much the products actually cost, and then we need to factor in the falling value of the £, which means that I know that sold at the "website" price, the profit is only just enough, and at the "Ebay" price, there's a loss on every sale. Therefore, although it might be sensible for customers to take advantage of mistakes made by massive businesses, it doesn't (real world) make sense to take advantage when the mistakes are made by a small business that makes modest profits. I don't blame people for doing it, it's the sensible thing for an individual to do, but it's obvious that the Company needs to wake up and sort this out.

No longer available on ebay, 2 were sold
No longer available full stop, now out of stock :(
But I understand they will be back in stock by the end of tomorrow :)

I bought one set of the two sold on eBay and, having checked the box contents on receipt, finally got round to assembling and testing this afternoon. All worked fine, however as a lighting newbie I am so impressed with the Lencarta tutorials, both on how to get started and also how to assemble the soft box - my attempt at the latter was a bit (very) Blue Peter-ish, but I'm sure practice makes perfect :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well done and thank you Lencarta, you've definitely won my vote.

p.s. I have no affiliation with Lencarta whatsoever and this is the first product I have bought from them.

Back