Lencarta website

Garry Edwards

Name
Garry Edwards
Edit My Images
No
I thought it best to start a new thread about this...

We tried to upgrade to our brand new website late Friday and it didn't work, with the result that we had no website over the weekend - not good.
Yesterday afternoon we reverted back to the old website, and although it takes time for the DNS to populate, nearly everyone should now be seeing the old website, which is obviously better than no website.
Having now identified (and hopefully fixed) the issues, which are related to the new server, we intend to try again later today.
There will then be a period of time (hopefully just a few hours) when some people will see the old website and some will see the new website, but hopefully by sometime tomorrow all will be well.

Meanwhile, my apologies. I'm just glad that it wasn't me who got it wrong:)

Lencarta phones

Also go through the server, using a VOIP service, so we have now temporarily switched the phones to BT. The downside of this is that currently we only have 3 phone lines, so it's possible that people may get the engaged tone until the website is fully sorted out.

Computers - the things that hate the human race the most!

Good luck with the new site. Thanks for keeping folk updated.

Computers - the things that hate the human race the most!

Good luck with the new site. Thanks for keeping folk updated.

Seems to be up and running. :) http://www.lencarta.com/
Thanks for that.
The new website is currently live, although it's still far from perfect.

A lot of things, such as pdf downloads, aren't working either, obviously we will get these things fixed ASAP.

We've now sent out a newsletter to thousands of customers, personally I would have delayed it but, as the Company grows, the potential for error grows with it...
There's a 10% discount code for a week, coupon code website

I'd certainly consider constraining the bootstrap container. 1200px does feel a bit narrow now, but letting it run full width makes the site quite hard to use, and the text is very hard to read. On my 27" iMac it's enormous!

There's a 10% discount code for a week, coupon code website

I've just ordered a couple of softboxes about 10 minutes ago and never seen that Garry, anyway I can get the discount added as a credit to my account for another purchase later on ?

I've just ordered a couple of softboxes about 10 minutes ago and never seen that Garry, anyway I can get the discount added as a credit to my account for another purchase later on ?
Terry, you needed to write the word website in the coupon code box.
Not to worry, I'll get the 10% refunded

Thanks Garry, that will be great, and sorry the above should have read can I get the discount not I can, that sounded like I was being presumptuous, lol :)

Sorry Garry, I couldn't see where to enter the code (assuming it is still valid) ... I've just ordered a smartflash 2 kit ...
It's valid until the 17th - you just enter it in the coupon code box, which comes up at checkout. Not to worry, we'll refund the amount as soon as the order comes through.

It's valid until the 17th - you just enter it in the coupon code box, which comes up at checkout. Not to worry, we'll refund the amount as soon as the order comes through.
I must have missed the coupon code box then - I didn't see one, sorry 'bout that and many thanks for your help.

I am trying to place a order on the website, I get to checking out and it comes up with no postage options, contact us. Does that mean I have got to wait until Monday ? It will be a great website when its working :)

I am trying to place a order on the website, I get to checking out and it comes up with no postage options, contact us. Does that mean I have got to wait until Monday ? It will be a great website when its working :)
I may be wrong but I seem to remember this when I first placed an order. I think that If you register with them and fill in some details then they will have your delivery details.
NB when you subsequently place an order you do get the option to enter a different delivery address.

If your talking about actual delivery options I think they just use the one, because its all next day delivery if you order before 2pm on the day.

Thanks, I am registered, and I have purchased from them before. My billing address and delivery address are remembered, when I get to the delivery options, it comes up with "no options available, contact us"

At the moment (this will change) there is just one delivery service, Interlink Express. If you're an existing customer and logged in then the website knows your address, if you're not then that option should come up once it knows which country you're in and has your postcode. As you're an existing customer (I've just seen your latest reply) then it should be fine, but clearly isn't working for you, although it is working for other people.

I'm far from being an expert on this, but I understand that there are intermittent problems with some browsers - can you try another browser, Chrome for example?

I'm very sorry about this, the website should have been totally de-bugged before we launched it but you're right, it's going to be great once we get past this stage.
There are other problems, fairly minor ones, some of our new products aren't showing yet and some photos have disappeared, but these bugs are less annoying both to our customers and to us.

At worst case options you can place the order on Monday, after all it can't go out until Monday. My only real concern is that you might want to buy something that will be out of stock by Monday, for example our half price strip softboxes are selling like hot cakes and there are only 5 left:(

Thanks Garry, it was 1 of the Strip Softboxes I wanted. I will wait until Monday and hope there are some left :)

Thanks Garry, it was 1 of the Strip Softboxes I wanted. I will wait until Monday and hope there are some left :)
Now down to 3, I have reduced the website quantity to 2, so if you order it on Monday and it is showing as out of stock, you'll still get it:)

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Garry what are the differences in this Strip box here https://www.lencarta.com/30x140cm-stripbox-profold-folding-strip-softbox

And the one here https://www.lencarta.com/30x140cm-stripbox-profold-folding-strip-softbox2 apart from the obvious price reduction are the clearance ones definitely Profold ? as their doesn't seem to be any Lencarta logo on the cheaper one in the image, and they both have different codes
There is a logo on it but the logo is much smaller, and on one side only. It is a Profold, and very similar to the other one, which is new.
The history here is that another factory has copied our design and although their's are much more cheaply made, people are confusing them with ours, so we have made some improvements to our existing ones, including better branding. The main differences between our two models are that the new ones have a better front diffuser, and they also have D-rings sewn into the corners, these allow the softbox to be safely tied down when used outdoor in the wind, which is much better than just weighing down the lighting stand.

Ok that's great, thanks for clarifying that, I'm not fussed about a small logo for half the price :) are their honeycombs still available for this one ? as the ones on the website are for 30x140 not 27

Right now there is just one left in stock...
Yes, the 30 x 140 honeycombs are the right ones, they should say 27 x 140 but that's just one of the things that needs to be sorted out on the new website.

Ok thanks Garry, the honeycombs are not discounted are they ?

No, but you do have a choice - another manufacturer sells them for 10 times our price:)

Best I go order that last one now then :)

Garry, I managed to put the order in this morning. I had to order as a guest, so the problem must be with my account. Thanks for your help :)

Garry, I managed to put the order in this morning. I had to order as a guest, so the problem must be with my account. Thanks for your help :)
Yes, I saw your order and it's now winging it's way to you:)
Now out of stock for ever:(
I'm guessing that you fell foul of one of the bugs on the new website, as soon as we find and fix one another one surfaces...

Gary,

just had a quick look at the new site, as I was interested in knowing more on the Profold Softboxes (interest only at this stage, thinking ahead, but look good)
A couple of (minor) errors I spotted on the 100x100 Profold ino
1) In the Description the title is 'The 70x100CM Profold Softbox'
2) Further down in the description there is a title 'An British Product' (This is above the picture of your logo, same problem on the 150 profold Octabox)

Thanks, I'll get those poins dealt with

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

There is a logo on it but the logo is much smaller, and on one side only. It is a Profold, and very similar to the other one, which is new.
The history here is that another factory has copied our design and although their's are much more cheaply made, people are confusing them with ours, so we have made some improvements to our existing ones, including better branding. The main differences between our two models are that the new ones have a better front diffuser, and they also have D-rings sewn into the corners, these allow the softbox to be safely tied down when used outdoor in the wind, which is much better than just weighing down the lighting stand.

Are you now selling these new soft boxes at a reduced rate or has the website gone a bit haywire again, as they are now showing at 89.99 down from 149.99 https://www.lencarta.com/30x140cm-stripbox-profold-folding-strip-softbox2

Back