Bargain Lenovo IOMEGA IX2 6Tb (2 X 3Tb) NAS

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Heads up

I went to Staples in Bristol yesterday to get some general A3 paper and decided to have a bit of a root around while there.

I ended up at the IT area and noticed a reasonable selection of USB and NAS drives which included Lenovo Iomega IX2 Dual Drive NAS units in 2Tb (2 x 1Tb), 4Tb (2 X 2Tb) and 6Tb (2 X 3Tb) format.

They were separated on 3 shelves but the empty display boxes were identical without anything to show sizes. So I got curious and found the printed shelf edge stickers. The 6Tb version was priced at £219.99!!! As I had my S4 with me AND Bristol is a 4G area I did a quick price comparison. Misco was selling same around £354 + VAT over £400 including and much the same on Amazon.

Took a while to get someone to confirm price etcbut a helpful guy appeared with a shrink wrapped box with the 6Tb unit and it scanned through the till at £219.99. He commented that it was the last one they had of that capacity.

I think it is a bargain and whilst it only offers JBOD to use the full 6Tb or RAID 0 or 1 at 3Tb, for the average user it is quite adequate.

I have searched the Staples website without luck in finding it there, but as mentioned, the shelves were sticker ed with their SKU and price. Might be worth a wander into your local branch(es) if looking for a big NAS storage unit.

Good hunting

Steve

Back