Lens Adapters from Ebay

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there

having recently spent out on a s/h D200 and 18-70 lens I can't afford a longer lens. Any thoughts on using the adapter rings with film lenses. I have some Pentax Takumar lenses which for film use were considered good quality. I realise you would lose the auto features. I would be looking at the M42 to Nikon adapter.

Cheers

Peter:)

Can't help you with the adapter, but if you want to sell any of the old Pentax lenses give me a shout (y)

Go for it.

As there's no glass in an M42 adapter (not in Canon ones anyway) you won't lose any image quality and will gain the use of some top quality glass. Takumar lenses are still excellent by todays standards.

Thanks Folks

For the cost of an adapter off Ebay I might as well give it a go. I've got nothing to lose really!. I just wondered whether anyone had been through this process and what the results were. I realise I'll be gaining about 50% extra focal length.

Sorry not intending to sell lenses until trial carried out.;)

Peter

Just watch with Nikon adapters,

I use a lot of M42 lenses on my Canon and my nikon user friend was wanting to have a play with them.

After some research he found a few problems, The vast majority of adapters wont allow the lens to focus to infinity. The only way to achieve infinity focus on a nikon is to use an adapter which has a lens to correct the image. He never bothered getting one as it was £50 for the adapter he found.

Back