Beginner lens advice - Wide Angle for Canon 6D

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I'm recording some videos in my car at the moment using the 6D attached to the inside of the windscreen via a suction mount. I have a Tamron 24-70 f2.8 lens but it's not quite wide enough and it's too big and heavy and shakes around all over the place when I'm driving.

Are there any standout prime 20mm(?) lenses that I should be considering without breaking the bank. I don't really want to spend more than £200-300.

thanks guys

Last edited:
I got the Tamron 17-35 2.8-4, it's cheap light and plastic and bloody brilliant.

Often for sale under £200, what's not to like? An improvement on it is possible, but will cost you in the region of £500 more

I got the Tamron 17-35 2.8-4, it's cheap light and plastic and bloody brilliant.

Often for sale under £200, what's not to like? An improvement on it is possible, but will cost you in the region of £500 more

Phil, sorry to be a pain but do you have any links that you could furnish me with. I'm a complete noob to the world of lenses.

It's manual aperture and manual focus but the Ssamyang 14mm f2.8 is a great little lens.

Should be fine if it's just going to be static subjects that you can focus on and forget about. No good for moving subjects because you really need Live View zoomed to 10x to determine correct focus.

Phil, sorry to be a pain but do you have any links that you could furnish me with. I'm a complete noob to the world of lenses.

There's a few on eBay, but if you're patient you'll get one cheaper.

I used to have a Sigma 20mm f1.8 that I thought was very nice. Other than that there's the 19-35mm Cosina/Tamron/Vivitar, they can be found for under £100 on evil bay.

Other than that there's the 19-35mm Cosina/Tamron/Vivitar, they can be found for under £100 on evil bay.
Forgot about that one, used to have one, though it only counts as usable rather than a nice lens.

I would highly recommend the sigma art range! I have the 35mm and its SO sharp on the 6D. the 20mm is phenominal :) Some great recommendations on here for zooms tho!

Back