lens advice

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
hi there

Im currently using the 300D with standard kit lens and was woundering which lens or lenses id be best looking at purchasing.

I mainly use for family pictures and summer time its used for koi keeping shows for taking pictures of the fish and the show areana.

Also looking to purchase the 400D or 30D when 1 comes available at a good price so the lens would have to accomadate either of these cameras and out of both cameras im tending now to lean towards the 30D more.

Any advice would be much appreciated
rgds
paul

Hi Paul...sounds like your next lens should be a nifty fifty (Canon 50mm f1.8);) Great for your family photos and very good in low light which will really help in the show areana. It will fit both the 400D and the 30D and the best bit is it doesn't cost an arm and a leg....form around £50-£60 brand new(y)

HTH

Is this a good lens as this is a 50mm also, will have a look around ebay to see what is available in the 50mm range for the 1 you mention above.
Would i need 2 or 3 different lenses to have in my bag for different occasions ie as mention portraits and shows which sometimes may require a wide angle lens as well as some zoom on it, then theres the fish also to get in as well. lol.
Im looking into getting a flash as well which would be the speedlite 430 or 580 if i could stretch that far as i want good glass first before a flash gun.

Back