Lens cap for Canon 15mm fisheye

Name
Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone out there have one of these lovely little Canon 15mm fisheyes? If so, how do you keep the lens cap from falling off when it's in the camera bag?

I lost my cap for this ages ago!

Tend to keep it in the bag upright on the body end

Elastic band. Not very elegant, but functional.
Tend to keep it in the bag upright on the body end
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

However, I should add that I'm looking for a foolproof method to prevent customers damaging the lens. I don't think either of these meet that criterion.

Any more suggestions?

Also would be interested in suggestions. I was going to adapt a small piece of sponge inside the lens cap rim or maybe some sticky tape :shrug:

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

However, I should add that I'm looking for a foolproof method to prevent customers damaging the lens. I don't think either of these meet that criterion.

Any more suggestions?

I was thinking about getting around to gluing some felt to the inside rim of the cap, to give a much more snug fit.

I gave up on my original idea of hitting the edge of the cap with a hammer (gently, mind) to make it a tighter fit.

OK guys, if anybody else is looking for a solution, I think I have a perfect one.

I used black electrical tape. I attached a length of it to the inside of the lens cap, all the way around the circumference, and then folded it over the lip of the cap and stuck it to the outside too. Standard width electrical tape is a perfect fit, and because it's thin and black and glossy it's virtually invisible. It adds just enough thickness to make the cap a snug fit, and it fits my two requirements of looking professional and being customer-proof.

Back