Lens Cleaning

Name
Kelsey
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to a wildlife wetlands today and got home and realised there is some dirt or something smudged on the lens. I have tried to gently remove it using a microfibre cloth but had no luck. I didn't want to apply too much pressure in case of damaging the lens.

I know there are a lot of lens cleaning products but which are the best?

You won't damage the lens easily. I'd reccomend a lenspen. They seem to shift almost anything. If you lightly breathe on it to fog it up and use the pen,it seems to work well.

I have heard may stories about mold and fungus getting into, and ruining, lens. How often should a lens be cleaned professionally?

I went to a wildlife wetlands today and got home and realised there is some dirt or something smudged on the lens. I have tried to gently remove it using a microfibre cloth but had no luck. I didn't want to apply too much pressure in case of damaging the lens.

I know there are a lot of lens cleaning products but which are the best?

Hi

If you've tried the microfibre cloth route, you can try a lenspen (as Tom suggested) or some lens cleaning solution -> I've used some solution from my wife's options, which is made for use with lenses (glasses) with coatings on - so no worries about it causing any issues with my camera lens, I also tend to spray a little onto the cloth rather than the lens (if that makes sense).

Chuck L said:
I have heard may stories about mold and fungus getting into, and ruining, lens. How often should a lens be cleaned professionally?

Ive never had any lens cleaned professionally. Just look after them, don't store them in a damp environment and they will be fine.

Back