lens cleaning.

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
Have you ever thought about how dirty a camera lens gets? not the sensor just the lens.

Well I hadn't anyway for a long time.

I happen to have a tube of Allsop Ultreen Cleaning Solution which I used to use on cleaning cd/dvds. It is brilliant for cleaning camera lens glass, together with a pencil type swab and mico fibre cloth.

This is well worth doing, made a big difference on mine

SWadcZ8.jpg

unedited

overall the photo looks clearer/cleaner? to me it does anyway compared with similar shots before

Last edited:
A simple Before/After shot would be more meaningful than saying "to me it looks cleaner" since we could then judge for ourselves.

I've never let any of my lenses get so dirty that they start to affect image quality.

dYUoUAJ.jpg

before slightly different shot but seems to lack the clarity of post 1. Maybe it is just me thinking it is a little sharper? or just down to camera settings. Not saying my lenses are as dirty as you think, Try going into a grrenhouse from a cold outside the lens will mist up. Given time to adjust to the new climate the lens will clear but will still need a wipe due to what remains. This is what I mean about being dirty.

Last edited:
Back