Lens connections.

Name
Owen
Edit My Images
Yes
I've recently brought a secondhand Canon 300mm lens, the auto-focus works fine on both my DSLR cameras, I also have a 2x teleconverter but when I put this on nothing. The auto-focus works fine with the teleconverter on my other lenses. I thought it must be the connection between the lens and teleconverter but when I put the 300mm + teleconverter + adapter on my 50M the auto-focus works fine. Both the DSLR's are old secondhand models so it could be the connection between the camera and the teleconverter but all the lenses work on their own. It's not a big problem but it is annoying, anyone any idea's as to how I could fix it or is this something I'm going to have to live with?

I'm guessing that you've got the 300/4.......be aware that it becomes a 600mm f/8 with a 2x converter and most bodies won't AF at f/8

AF can have a max aperture limitation (i.e. if the max aperture number is above a certain value then the camera will not AF) and using a TC will affect the perceived aperture of the lens.

What are the other lenses the teleconference works on?

I'm guessing that you've got the 300/4.......be aware that it becomes a 600mm f/8 with a 2x converter and most bodies won't AF at f/8

Looks like you have nailed the problem as OP's profile says he has a 5D and a 50D !

Back