Lens / Filter Cleaning

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all, was meant to be heading out today but doesn't look like ill get to so Im going to spend a couple hours cleaning my kit.

I bought some cheap "lens clothes" off eBay and I tried it the other day and may as well have used my fingers just made it streaky!!

any tips? or should I leave the lens and filters and go and buy a proper cloth?

Thanks

Im going to spend a couple hours cleaning my kit.
A couple of hours! how much kit do you have?

Haha not very much at all I just didn't explain properly haha iv just pulled it all out of the bags and boxes blew all the dust off and was wiping the lenses and filters and hiving the inside of the bag!! Couple of hours over exaggeration it felt like it though using these stupid clothes ha

I usually use a little lens cleaning tissue, as sold by almost all camera shops. A quick huff of breath to add a little moisture (after a quick blow and brush) and a gentle polish removes most grubbiness. Stubborn grease is almost always shifted by the same tissues with a drop of cleaning fluid (Isopropyl Alcohol) rather than just breath.

I use an optical cleaning cloth (like the ones you get with your glasses) for cleaning the lens glass, once I make sure there is no grit etc on it...

Decent rocket blower & breath/soft cloth/t-shirt.

Am I not right in thinking that you shouldn't use paper tissue/kitchen roll etc because of hard fibres or something in them.....?!? Sure I read it once but happy to be proven wrong.

The brush on the Lenspen to get rid of any dust. A lens cloth to minimise any large smudges, and the business end of a Lenspen to finish it off. :)

Because my lenses don't get that dirty I usually just use the Lenspen. It's a great tool. They do wear out after awhile though, but while they work they work great.

Back