Lens focal length equivalent

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
I watched a video of Karl Taylor shooting a product with Hasselblad H4 with an 85mm lens. Could someone clever here convert this, to tell me what lens equivalent this would be on an ASPC size sensor? I understand that this would be a wider view on ASPC sensor but is it closer to 50mm or 30mm ?

Thank you.

I would say 30mm.

I believe that a 85mm lens on a Hasselblad is considered a standard view lens and the 50mm would be standard for Full frame and the 30mm for APSC.

85m is 'standard' focal length on a Hasselblad, so 50mm on a full frame and about 35mm on a APS-C sensor.

Actually 80mm is the standard focal length on 6x6 format film Hasselblads. The H4 uses a digital back which is smaller than that, so 85mm would be slightly "longer" than standard - probably somewhere around 65mm equivalent on a 35mm full-frame camera, or 40mm on APS-C.

Actually 80mm is the standard focal length on 6x6 format film Hasselblads. The H4 uses a digital back which is smaller than that, so 85mm would be slightly "longer" than standard - probably somewhere around 65mm equivalent on a 35mm full-frame camera, or 40mm on APS-C.
Ah! I didn't pick up that the H4 was digital, I was thinking film.

Back