Lens focus problem

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
My 28-105 has a focus problem, the lens will focus properly most of the time but the it will suddenly stop focussing at all, to get around it I turn the manual focus ring around to the 'macro' setting and then the lens will start to focus again. When it does work it focusses quite quickly and accurately.

I bought this lens cheap knowing there was a focussing issue, it was going to be a stand in lens until I get my 25-104 F4 L, but it's gonna be a while until I get the new lens and this focusing problem is now starting to annoy me.

Has anyone had a similar problem ?

Is it worth getting the lens fixed or do I live with it until I get the new lens?

If it's no too expensive to fix I may get it done and sell it one once I upgrade.

Mine's fine, never given a moments grief at all. Repair costs as always might be prohbitive, it's not a particularly expensive lens.

If it's a mk II then they fetch around £130 on ebay, so it could be a simple fault that is reasonably cheap to fix and you can then sell on. Depends what you paid for it whether it's worth bothering. Personally, if I had a work-around a fix would cost more money than I want to spend then I would just use it until I could afford to upgrade. It's a decent lens tho'.

Just been down the local camera shop and they reckon £7-£80 to get it repaired back at Canon, so I think I'll put up with it until I upgrade.

Back