Beginner Lens for a Nikon D7200

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I am totally clueless with photography but my wife is a keen photographer. She did mention a while ago that she would like a 18-300 lens for her Nikon D7200 to use as an all round lens and now she has a birthday approaching. I have been looking around and have been trying to research the Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–300mm f/3.5–6.3G ED VR, the Tamron 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD MACRO and the Sigma 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM. Any advice on what lens would be preferable and I am happy enough to pay the extra for the Nikon if it is worthwhile to do. Thanks in advance.

You're not going to see a great deal of difference between them all tbh, you'd be splitting hairs in terms of image quality. In lab scores the Nikon is a tad sharper but in the real world I doubt you'd see a difference. The Tamron being 16mm rather than 18mm at the wide end is quite significant (you'd be surprised at how much difference 2mm can make at the wide end of a lens), and of course it has the Macro function which can be fun.

Thanks for that. I was leaning towards the Tamron and will probably go for it.

Back