Lens for Wedding Photogrpahy

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
Folks,

I'm going to a friends wedding in 4 weeks time and my mate is doing the main photography. I'm doing the candid stuff away from the main poses etc. On previous experiences, what lenses did people use for wedding photography. My existing lenses are mentioned below in my siggy.

Thanks,

Adam.

18-200 no question, used one at my stepsisters wedding recently and it worked a treat

although if you want to shoot indoors without nasty flash, you could stick the f1.4 in you pocket too. :)

Yep, definately the 18-200. You can subtly stand back and zoom in on the candids as they unfold and spin on your heels back to 18 get nice wide angles on closer subjects too. A great, versatile work horse of a lens if there was ever one.:)

Equally right on thef1.4 I meant to say as well.....:thinking:

I also did some candid shots at a friends wedding recently and used the 18-200VR on my D200 very successfully too. The flexibility is great and it allows you to get a number of different perspectives from one spot.

I got plenty of positive feedback from the couple and had a blast doing it :)

I would take the 18-200 and 50 as previously stated. I would also take the flash as well and pop in some fill, especially if it is bright sunshine. If using it in doors, bounce it off ceiling/wall or get one of those diffuser things.

Candids are great fun.

Good luck!

I take the following.

20 f/2.8
50 f/1.8
80-200 f/2.8
24-120 VR

On the order list:

80 f/1.8
35 f/2

I take the following.

20 f/2.8
50 f/1.8
80-200 f/2.8
24-120 VR

On the order list:

80 f/1.8
35 f/2

Thanks King.

I have been looking at the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 using it for the outside stuff and then over winter for Lacrosse and Footy.

Ta,

Adam.

Back