Lens Help

Name
Wragg
Edit My Images
Yes
I'd just like to start by wishing everyone a Merry Christmas (although for the majority of you it's probably pretty much over!)

Hi everyone, first time poster, and fairly novice photographer - would just like a bit of advice on some old lenses I received today from a family friend. They were used on an old Minolta 600si 'Classic' bought new somewhere in the late- 90's. Both boxed, one is a Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 Macro, and the other a 24-70mm F3.5-5.6 (Both autofocus.)

I would quite like to use the wide angle lens for shooting video on my Canon EOS 600d, (I know it would be best to pay for a newer wide angle but my budget is tiny at the moment.) I've read on other forums about adapters which wouldn't support the autofocus, however this would not be a problem as I would primarily be shooting video. If i was to buy one of these adapters, could the lens be simply focused manually? (As I said, novice photographer)

Any other advice on how to solve my little predicament would be very appreciated

Cheers,

Adam

Back