Lens Hood for 17-55 IS - is this real?

it says canon on it, so i think they would have problems selling an imitation. but looking esewhere there are normally £25 so I am a little wary.

TBH does it really matter, will still do the same job won't it?

Waits for the flames :help:

I'm waiting on the same hood coming from 7dayshop.com for £10.99

That does seem cheap - I wonder if it's a misprint?

Warehouse express are selling that hood for £43 !!!!

the image shows a genuine Canon item, the description makes no reference to it being anything other than a genuine EW-83J

buy it......and sell it on at profit :D

well i've just bought one so we'll see 1) if it turns up 2) if it's genuine 3) if they contact me and say that they cocked the price up!

I've bought a few of these for different lenses, both Canon and imitation and they are all fine. Why pay £30 -£40 for a canon one from WE or such like when you'll get this delivered for £6 or £7. I got my Sigma 105mm EX DG Macro from this seller and was delighted with the service.

Hope this helps(y)

It probably is an imitation. There are lots of people selling imitations of things on ebay that are exact! copies of genuine items. I bought a mic not too long ago that was a complete rip off. I also bought a Nokia 9500 replacement case a few weeks ago than turned out to be a copy too! Both these matter and I am rather annoyed about them but I can't see that a hood would matter too much!

I bought that same hood for my 17-40L quality good and fit perfectly so don't worry, thou it won't say what it say's on the the hood.

I bought the same one from a different seller over the Christmas period. It isnt real, but a darn good copy. It fits perfect and does the job ..... so wheres the harm ?

Id rather that than spending over £20 on the real thing.

Just reached mine (copy) out of my bag and indeed it has a lovely matt flock finish on the inside only. Mine says "for Canon EW-73B" Very pleased considering it was less than a tenner.

Just gone back through my records and I paid £10.99 for a genuine Canon one from Hong Kong, but like you say at a fiver it's worth a try.

Back