Lens hood for Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Done a bit of checking and it seems the correct hood for the above is the ET-65B. Can someone confirm this please.

£30-ish seems an awful lot for a bit of plastic, so is there any reason I shouldn't get a cheap imitation from eBay?

Thats the lens hood that I have. Moulded plastic with black flocking inside.

I can't help with ebay.

John

If you do decide to buy an aftermarket one, rather than the genuine Canon one, make sure it has a matt / flock interior as the genuine one does, so you get no reflection inside the hood. (y)

Ah, there is a reason then. Thanks. I'd imagine the cheap versions don't bother with such 'niceties'.

Thanks. That was the piece of info I needed (I've seen the Marumi brand pop up in a few places but no way to look inside to see if it's OK). Glad Jessops didn't have the official one in stock now. Ordered.

Thanks. That was the piece of info I needed (I've seen the Marumi brand pop up in a few places but no way to look inside to see if it's OK). Glad Jessops didn't have the official one in stock now. Ordered.

At £10.29 delivered to your door you can`t go wrong, even if you wasn`t happy 7dayshop have a great returns policy, the marumi ones seem to be very popular which is hardly suprising given what canon charge for almost the same thing. Glad your sorted.

I'm a longtime 7dayshop customer so it was perfect timing. Thanks for the tip-off.

Back