lens ideal for football stadium trip ??

Name
charlie
Edit My Images
No
im still pretty new to photography and i own a canon 400d. ive got a trip planned to visit anfield stadium (the home of liverpool football club for anyone unsure :LOL:) its only a tour this time not a match.

i want to try and get good snaps from the pitch side etc.

at the moment im only using the kit lens which has done me proud so far, but i doubt it will do for my planned trip.

can anyone reccomend a good lens for a budget of £200 ??

any advice/tips would be much appreciated!!

also if anyones been on similar trip to any stadium feel free to show me your pics (y)

Forget buying one.............. rent one off Stewart,

if you are having just one trip, I bet for under £30 you could have a 10-20 (or something like) for a few days and that would be ideal for those great wide angles inside the stadium.

tbh i hadnt really considered renting a lens.

i know its not going to be a one off trip, i have family close to liverpool so probably visit stadium more then once :LOL:

Read your ticket and check out the regulations on photography, you might not be able to use your gear!!!!

Carl.

And Anfield is a lot smaller than you might think so don't get too excited ;) Oh and insure your gear. Oops... the old scouse thieves quip.

can pretty much guarantee they wont allow you in with your camera gear, im sure all premiership grounds forbid it, and iirc you are searched on the way in to all games, espically if you have a bag.

its not he its she is going for a tour :LOL:

from what ive been finding out theres no restrictions on cameras on tours (mainly says about big bags etc)

im not expecting to get any great pics but its jus to have something to remember the day, as its gonna be family day out etc. just dont wanna turn up with kit lens if its really not going to be up to the job.

Dunno if it helps ...

At NUFC they sometimes get funny about people with 'posh' cameras - even on the tours. I'd contact the media office at Anfield first to clarify what you can and can't bring.

***Drifts off into thoughts of what I could do with a heavy tripod and Mike Ashley's head ..... *******

Anth.

its not he its she is going for a tour :LOL:

from what ive been finding out theres no restrictions on cameras on tours (mainly says about big bags etc)

im not expecting to get any great pics but its jus to have something to remember the day, as its gonna be family day out etc. just dont wanna turn up with kit lens if its really not going to be up to the job.

they always assume we are male on here get used to it;)

I went to a preseason friendly at Anfield, there was a guy there using a SLR during the warmups. I was two rows from the pitch. To say I was annoyed I`d left my kit at home didn`t cover it!

I wouldn`t like to say they`d be happy on a proper matchday, but would`ve thought a tour would be ok. Would be worth checking though.

Scored in the 94th minute too........

i wouldnt really like to take the canon on a match day, but as its only a tour i thought it would be nice to use rather then camera phone.

i will defo be inquiring, id hate to be turned away just because of a camera :LOL:

anyone got some suggestions for a nice allround lens? ive been reccomended the 55-250 canon lens also a 70-300. as said above im still learning so not too sure whats the ideal upgrade from kit lens. (i take photos mainly of animals/wildlife etc in spare time)

I went into a Liverpool vs Watford match (at watford) with my 30D + 28-300 lens, nobody said anything :)

I don't know how big Anfield is inside, but as others have suggested you'll probably want something wider than your kit lens to do it justice. Trouble is, there aren't really any good options under £200 unless you buy used....
* Sigma 10-20mm is quite decent and very popular, but it's £310
* Canon 10-22mm is even better, but at £449 so it should be
* Tamron 11-18mm is £285 but I don't know anything about it
... you get the picture.

That's probably why we find ourselves hiring out so many wide angles.

Back