Lens Information

Edit My Images
No
Can anyone tell me anything about this lens....I can't find any sources of information about it at all. It is a JANIK 35mm 1:2.8 No 13003

16438276138463755130804791073908.jpg16438276421407992803982990034153.jpg

It sort of reminds me of a 28mm Soligor lens I own. Except that the focus and aperture rings are the other way around.

Never heard of it either. Maybe you should complete the set:
I saw that on ebay (sold) and that is the only other reference to a Janik lens that I have been able to find.

Well I also wondered down the Google Rabbit Hole :D

Seems that if you search for 'Janik' then you can find a few bits and pieces on astro forums. Appears they were a Japanese maker form the 60's that made telescopes (no longer in buisness), now they could also have made lens, not out the realms of possibility.

This then lead to another name 'Towa' but could not work out if this was the parent company or something else. Towa themselves are a lens making company I think based in Taiwan but that lead to a dead end.

Upshot, I also found nothing about the lens you have.

These 35mm f2.8 lenses were made in vast numbers during the 1960s and 1970s by various companies.

That mount looks like a T-mount adapter to M42. As there appears to be no actuator pin, I'll guess that the ring at the front of the lens, between the marked aperture ring and the focussing ring, is a stop down control, making the lens a "preset" design. You set the required aperture, turn the middle ring one way to open to maximum aperture, focus, then turn the ring the other way to stop down to the working aperture.

The "Janik" name could be a brand related to a particular distributor or chain of shops. I've heard in the past that a manufacturer would be quite happy to engrave a brand on as few as 100 lenses during the '60s.

These 35mm f2.8 lenses were made in vast numbers during the 1960s and 1970s by various companies.

That mount looks like a T-mount adapter to M42. As there appears to be no actuator pin, I'll guess that the ring at the front of the lens, between the marked aperture ring and the focussing ring, is a stop down control, making the lens a "preset" design. You set the required aperture, turn the middle ring one way to open to maximum aperture, focus, then turn the ring the other way to stop down to the working aperture.

The "Janik" name could be a brand related to a particular distributor or chain of shops. I've heard in the past that a manufacturer would be quite happy to engrave a brand on as few as 100 lenses during the '60s.
That really isn't many lenses at all. If this is one of those instances, no wonder I can't find any information on it.

Back